This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are made with a secret ingredient to make them soft and delicious. Easy to make from scratch chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies Recipe:
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Pudding is a game changer cookie recipe. Just adding in this one simple ingredient makes these cookies so delicious and soft. These made from scratch chocolate chip cookies are one of our favorites to make.
These cookies are perfect for dunking into a tall glass of milk, serving with a scoop of ice cream or straight from the oven. The vanilla pudding mix makes these irresistible cookies soft and gooey.
Take your classic chocolate chip cookie recipe to the next level and add in a box of instant pudding mix. Your family and friends will be impressed with how delicious they are. You might also like Reese’s Pieces Cookies.
Why add Pudding Mix to Cookies?
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding is a game changer for you classic cookie recipe. It is one of the main reason why these cookies are soft, moist, and delicious. This key ingredient is must anytime we make our chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Make sure to buy the instant pudding mix. No mixing the pudding ingredients according to the box. You just add in the dry mix and it takes your cookies to the next level.
We used instant vanilla pudding mix, but you can even use instant chocolate pudding mix. Just make sure to get the instant pudding mix kind and they will turn out perfect.
- Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- Light Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.4 oz box)
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Milk Chocolate Chips (11 oz bag)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies:
- Preheat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugars – Beat together the butter and brown sugars in a large bowl with either a hand held mixer or a stand up mixture until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla – Add in the eggs, one at a time. Beating after each one. Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Mix together dry ingredients – In a separate bowl, mix together the pudding mix, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients – Then gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips – Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet – Drop the cookie batter onto baking sheets using a cookie scoop.
- Bake Cookies – Then bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Cool Cookies – Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then they are ready to enjoy!
- Instant Pudding Mix – The pudding needs to be instant pudding. You do not want to use the type of pudding you have to cook.
- Adding in Pudding Mix – Do not mix the pudding according to the box as you are only using the dry mix.
- Prepare Baking Sheet – Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat. Both of these will make clean up easier. Plus, it also helps the cookies to bake evenly.
- Measuring Ingredients – All of the ingredients need to be precisely measured. Make sure to measure the flour correctly by using a spoon to add the flour to the measuring cup. Then scrape off the excess at the top.
- Mixing the Ingredients – Don’t overmix the batter. It is really important to combine everything just until blended.
- Use Cookie Scoop – A cookie scoop will help to ensure each cookie is the same size. This will also help the cookies to bake evenly. It also makes it fast and easy to scoop the cookies. We used a medium size cookie scoop.
- Cool Cookies – Make sure to give the cookies about 5 minutes to rest before moving to a cooling rack. If you move them from the baking sheet to soon, they will crumble.
- Baking Cookies – Don’t overbake the cookies. Keep in mind they will continue to bake on the baking sheet once out of the oven.
- Pudding Flavors- We used vanilla pudding mix in this recipe, but feel free to use other flavors. Chocolate is always a top request or butterscotch pudding mix.
- Chocolate Chips – You can use different flavors of chocolate chips. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips mix with milk chocolate chips is always a favorite. White Chocolate Chips, Dark chocolate or mini chocolate chips are always good options.
- Nuts – If you love nuts, add in some chopped pecans or walnuts for that extra crunch.
How to Store:
Store the leftover cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Make sure to cover cookies with a plastic wrap if storing on a cookie tray.
How to Freeze Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies:
You can easily freeze these pudding cookies. We like to plan ahead and bake our holiday cookies early to save time and money.
Make sure cookies have cooled to room temperature before storing. Place cookies in a freezer safe bag or container. If frozen properly the cookies will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Can you Freeze the Cookie Dough?
Yes, this is also another good option so you can have fresh cookies anytime. You can easily take out what you want to bake when the dough is frozen individually.
- Combine Ingredients – Just combine the dough as normal and place the balls on a cookie sheet.
- Flash Freeze Cookies – Don’t bake the cookies but instead place in the freezer. Let the cookies flash freeze for 1 to 2 hours by placing them on a cookie sheet. Since you flash froze the cookies, they won’t stick to each other. This will be helpful later once you want to bake them.
- Place in Freezer Container – Then place the cookie dough balls inside a freezer container.
- Bake as Normal – When ready to enjoy, bake as normal. You may need to allow a few extra minutes baking time for the frozen cookies.
This cookie dough freezes really well and bakes just the same. We often bake half of the dough and freeze the rest.
Print Recipe here for Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies:
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl with either a hand held mixer or a stand up mixture until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Beating after each one. Then add in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pudding mix, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Then gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie batter onto baking sheets using a cookie scoop.
- Then bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then they are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Cookies:
- Jello Cookies Recipes
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Strawberry Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies