This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Making a Trail Mix Bar is a fun way to set out all your favorite trail mix ingredients to combine for a tasty snack. Get the kids involved and let them assemble their trail mix snack.
What is Trail Mix Bar?
Trail Mix Recipe is the perfect treat on the go. We love making trail mix bars to allow the kids to make their own perfect snack. The great thing about having a trail mix bar is the kids can make their own snack with items they like.
The options are endless on what to put on your trail mix bar. Place the items in bowls and set them out with snack mixes bags. Then we create an assembly line and the kids make their snacks for the week.
These become the perfect healthy snack to take for after the game or for an after school snack. Pick items that everyone likes and make a Trail Mix Bar a weekly thing to make.
How do you Set up a Trail Mix Bar?
Setting up a Trail Mix Bar is one of the easiest snacks that you can create. Pick out your favorite snacks to add to the trail mix bar. Make sure to pick items that everyone likes.
Place the items in bowls and line them up on the counter. Set out baggies and then you can start making your trail mix snack.
Make these snacks before movie night or to have for an after school snack.
Trail Mix Ingredients:
- Chocolate Chips
- Goldfish Crackers
- Dried Fruit (Dried Cranberries, Dried Apricots, Banana Chips, etc.)
- Gummy Bears
- Corn Chex Mix
- Swedish Fish
How to Make a Trail Mix Bars:
- Step 1 – Add all the ingredients to small serving bowls or cups.
- Step 2 – Serve with small plastic bags so that everyone can make their own trail mix.
- Step 3 – Enjoy!
More Trail Mix Bar Ideas:
I love using baking sheets to help organize the cups and bowls when serving these ingredients.
- Nuts and Seeds
- Coconut Flakes
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Beef Jerkey
- Chia Seeds
This healthy trail mix recipe is perfect for all ages. If you are needing to balance your blood sugar or the afternoon snack, make some trail mix.
How to Store:
Store any leftover ingredients or trail mixes in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 month.
We like making the trail mix snacks and placing in individual containers, but you can easily mix everything together in a large container.
How long will Trail Mix Last:
If you store the trail mix properly it will last about 1 month.
Tips for Homemade Trail Mix:
- Perfect Snack – Make this snack mix for a camping trip, movie night, or an after school snack.
- Healthy Snack – When preparing your snack mix, I like to add items that are somewhat healthy. Adding in beef jerkey, pretzels, and different types of seeds.
- Place in bowls – I like to place the trail mix ingredients in bowls so that everyone can build their own snack. Even my picky eaters like to make these snacks as they can choose what they want.
- Muffin Trays – Instead of using bowls, you can place the snacks in muffin trays for an easy way to sort the treats.
- Sweet and Salty Combination – I like to add in some candy or chocolate to have the sweet and salty combination. If you make bags that the kids will eat, they are more than likely going to eat it.
What is Good Stuff to put in Trail Mix?
There are so many options to use when making a trail mix. Add in dried fruit, peanuts, chocolate chips, or granola. The combination of these ingredients make the best snack.
Easy Homemade Trail Mix:
If you are needing some new snack ideas for your family, make this easy trail mix. Add your favorite snacks to bowls for an easy way for the whole family to make their snack bags.
You can easily make this trail mix healthy and budget friendly. Make Trail Mix Bar with items that your family loves. Easy snack to grab as your head out the door or for movie night.
Print Recipe here for Homemade Trail Mix:
Homemade Trail Mix Recipe
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 1 cup Goldfish Crackers
- ½ cup Dried Fruit Dried Cranberries, Dried Apricots, Banana Chips, etc.
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 cup Gummy Bears
- 1 cup Corn Chex Mix
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup Swedish Fish
- Add all the ingredients to small serving bowls or cups.
- Serve with small plastic bags so that everyone can make their own trail mix.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe