This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for a fun party dip, make Chocolate Fondue Recipe. Dip your favorite fresh fruit, marshmallows or angel food cake. Easy and delicious dessert dip.
Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe:
This is the best chocolate fondue recipe. It is ready in less than 15 minutes and the chocolate melts perfectly on your stove top. We used two different types of chocolate but you can easily change to what you prefer.
You may have enjoyed a chocolate fountain at a wedding or a baby shower. But this Chocolate fondue is made easily in a saucepan and is loaded with flavor. It is served with your chocolate fondue dipper with a fondue fork.
This chocolate fondue is perfect for Valentines Day, New Year’s Eve or for a weeknight dessert. It is made with simple ingredients and always a family favorite.
Do you Need Fondue Pot for this Recipe?
To make this recipe, you do not need a fondue pot. We made this recipe with a regular large pot but using a fondue pot helps to keep it warm.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Dippers: Marshmallows, graham crackers, pretzels, fruit, cake, etc.
How to Make Chocolate Fondue Recipe:
- Step 1 – Place Ingredients in sauce pan – Place the chocolate, heavy cream and salt in a fondue pot or saucepan.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate – Heat on low, stirring often, until the chocolate is fully melted. You do not want the mixture to come to a boil.
- Step 3 – Add Vanilla Extract – Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Then serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy.
What to Dip into Chocolate Fondue?
There are many different dippers to serve with this Chocolate Fondue Recipe. These are some of our favorites.
- Pound Cake
- Sponge Cake
- Oreos Cookies
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Wafer Cookies
- Pretzel Rods
Chocolate Fondue Variations Ideas:
- Change Chocolate – Feel free to change the chocolate to what you prefer. We recommend using high quality chocolate, such as ghirardelli. Make this recipe with bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Use peanut butter chips for the perfect chocolate and peanut butter combination.
- Add Booze – Feel free to make this recipe with some added alcohol. You can add in bailey, kahlua or amaretto for added flavor.
- Extract – Add in peppermint extract for a delicious peppermint chocolate fondue options.
- Pinch of Salt – Add a pinch of salt for a sweet and salty flavor.
- Orange Zest – Add orange zest to create a fruity taste chocolate fondue.
- Mexican Chocolate – Use ½ teaspoon cinnamon and chili powder in the chocolate mixture. It gives it the perfect amount of flavor and enhances it perfectly.
- Peppermint – Once the chocolate has melted, sprinkle crushed peppermints or candy canes on top of the chocolate. Stir everything together and sprinkle more on top to garnish the fondue.
How to Make Chocolate Fondue in Slow Cooker:
If you prefer, you can make this chocolate fondue recipe in the slow cooker. We recommend using a 2 quart slow cooker to make this recipe.
- Place the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Make sure to stir the chocolate fondue every 20 minutes to evenly melt the chocolate.
- Once melted, serve with your favorite dippers.
How to Keep Chocolate Fondue Warm?
After preparing the chocolate fondue, we like to pour in a small crock pot or keep in a fondue pot. This helps to keep the chocolate fondue while serving.
Make sure to stir frequently while cooking. The chocolate should be stirred frequently to prevent clumping and burning while melting and reheating.
Can you Thin out Chocolate Fondue?
If the fondue is too thick, thin it out with more heavy whipping cream. Stir until it’s the consistency that you prefer. Continue to stir and add in until the consistency that you prefer.
Make sure to add in small amounts at a time so that you do not add to much. It is easier to add more cream then fixing a thinner chocolate.
We love to enjoy this delicious treat at parties, gatherings or family movie night. It is so easy to make and turns out fabulous every time without much work.
There is something to special and extravagant about Chocolate Fondue but it is very simple to make. I know you will enjoy this special treat at home. Give it a try for a guaranteed hit with the entire family.
Can you Prepare Chocolate Fondue in Advance?
This chocolate fondue is so easy to prepare the day you are serving, but you can prepare a day in advance. If you prepare in advance make sure to allow the mixture to cool completely and then refrigerate.
When ready to serve, heat in the microwave using 30 second increments. Stir in between each and continue to microwave until heated through. You can also place in a saucepan to reheat.
If you have a fondue pot, you can reheat the mixture using that. However, I prefer to use the microwave so I can heat in increments to ensure it does not burn.
How to Store Fondue Chocolate Recipe:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. When reheating, add in more cream or milk to thin out the chocolate as it will thicken as its stored.
You can even use the chocolate fondue leftover to top ice cream, cheesecake and more. We love forward to using the leftovers for many different things.
Easy Chocolate Fondue Party Dip:
The ideas are endless for crockpot chocolate fondue. It is the perfect party food and so fun to serve with a crowd. However, it really is simple enough to do at home just for something fun.
Print Recipe here for Chocolate Fondue:
- Place the chocolate, heavy whipping cream and salt in a fondue pot or saucepan.
- Heat on low, stirring often, until the chocolate is fully melted. You do not want the mixture to come to a boil.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Then serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe