This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Funfetti Dip Recipe is the perfect dip for any occasion. Very easy ingredients and no baking involved means this dip is easy to make.
Easy Funfetti Dip Recipe
We love making dessert dips. This Funfetti Dip recipe also know as dunkaroo dip is one of those dips that is fun to make. You start off with a cake mix then mix in some cream cheese and end with sprinkles. Everyone loves a quick and easy dessert recipe with sprinkles in it.
My family loves to lick the bowl after preparing a cake, but that can be unsafe with the raw eggs in it. This is where my favorite cake mix dips come in. You still get that cake flavor taste but it is safe to eat this easy dip recipe.
The Perfect Dip for Birthdays!
We celebrate big for our families birthdays! It is tradition that everyone wakes up and have breakfast together. We also love to celebrate with family and friends. This is the perfect sweet dip for your birthday parties.
Sprinkles and fun cake dip just make everyone happy. The kids love having this dip at their parties and everyone enjoys eating. Having this dip on everyone’s birthday is a new tradition we started and I am loving it.
What is the flavor of Funfetti Cake Mix?
Funfetti cake mix is a vanilla cake mix. The cake mix has sprinkles throughout the cake mix. When the cake is baked the sprinkles give it the fun coloring that everyone loves.
- Funfetti cake mix
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Sprinkles for topping
How to Make Funfetti Cake Batter Dip:
- Mix Together – Cream together cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth with a hand mixer in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in Cake Mix and Milk – Add cake mix (unprepared) and half of the milk and mix, gradually adding in more milk until desired texture is established.
- Add the Sprinkles – Top with extra bright colored sprinkles
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve with animal crackers or graham crackers
What if my dip has lumps?
The lumps in the dip could be cause by the dry ingredients or the cream cheese. Make sure when you are gathering your ingredients to make this dip, that you cream cheese is completely at room temperature.
When the cream cheese is at room temperature it allows the ingredients to mix well together therefore not causing any lumps in the dip.
Funfetti Cake Dip Tips:
- Keep Refrigerated – Since this dip contains dairy, keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Adding in Milk – Slowly add in the milk until your desired consistency.
- Use another Cake Mix – If you can’t find a funfetti cake mix, use a white cake mix instead and then mix in sprinkles until the cake mix mixture.
- Mix-In Variations – We love to use this cake mix mixture to add in other mix-ins. You can mix-in, crushed oreo’s, graham crackers or even chocolate chips. Use what you have.
- Change for the Holidays – Make this fun dip and add sprinkles for the holiday you are celebrating. Red and Pink for Valentine’s Day, Red and Green for Christmas, or Pastels for Easter. The options are endless.
- Make Gluten Free – To make gluten free, use a gluten free cake mix.
- Change the Cake Mix flavors – Make this funfetti dip with a strawberry or lemon cake mix. Add in some dried fruit for a fun twist on this dip.
- Vanilla Yogurt – If you prefer, you can use vanilla yogurt instead of cream cheese for a light choice.
How to store leftovers:
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. We keep it in the bowl that we serve it in, and place a plastic wrap over the top. It will be good for about a week in the refrigerator.
How long will it last:
The dip will last about 4 days in the refrigerator. Make sure that it is sealed until ready to serve. The sprinkles may discolor your dip, so it will probably change the look over time.
We like to let it set it out for a bit before serving so that it is creamer. This make it is easy to dip your favorite crackers.
Can this dip be frozen?
Yes, just make sure the dip is in a freezer bag or freezer container with a good lid. It will keep up to a month in the freezer.
What to serve with Funfetti Dip:
There are many options to serve with your funfetti dip. Here are some of our favorites:
- Animal Crackers
- Graham Crackers – We like to break the graham crackers up in sticks. Try cinnamon graham crackers.
- Vanilla Wafers
- Pretzels – We like to use the Pretzel sticks for easy dipping.
- Cookies – Sugar Cookies are my favorite.
- Fruit – Apple Slices, Strawberries and Grapes are some of our favorites.
Why we love this easy cake mix dip!
This Funfetti Cake Mix dip will soon be a favorite with your family.
- No bake – You can make easy dip in minutes.
- Only 4 ingredients – You probably already have what you need to make this.
- Versatile – This recipe is simple to adapt based on what you have on hand. Many different types of cake mix will work.
Friends and family will enjoy this dip. It is a must try recipe and always a crowd pleaser.
Print Recipe here for Funfetti Dip:
- Cream together cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Add cake mix (unprepared) and half of the milk and mix, gradually adding in more milk until desired texture is established.
- Top with extra bright colored sprinkles
- Serve with animal crackers or graham crackers
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe