This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Christmas Crunch is loaded with white chocolate flavor. This sweet and salty snack is perfect for gift giving or a holiday dessert.
Christmas Crunch Recipe:
We love making holiday desserts and snacks for the holidays. It is one of my kids favorite things to do and I love making memories with them. This white chocolate Christmas Crunch is one we make every year because it is so easy.
It is the perfect blend of sweet and salty. The combination of the popcorn, pretzels and M&M’s drizzled with the white chocolate makes this addicting snack a crowd favorite.
This Christmas Treat Recipe is perfect for snacking on for movie night or wrapping up and handing out as gifts to friends and family. It is a budget friendly snack that is fast and easy to make. You may even like to make these popcorn bars.
What is Christmas Crunch?
Christmas Crunch is a sweet and salty treat that can be made with a variety of ingredients. You can easily make this white chocolate decadent snack with different colors of M&M’s or add in cereal.
This Christmas Crunch recipe will become a yearly tradition because of how addicting it is. No matter how old you are, you will grab a bowl of this chocolate covered popcorn every time it is served.
- Popcorn, made per the package instructions
- Pretzels, broken into small pieces
- White Candy Melts (12 oz bag)
- Green and Red M&Ms
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Crunch:
- Prepare Popcorn – Pop the popcorn based on the bag instructions and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Add Popcorn and Pretzels to baking sheet – Spread the popcorn over the parchment paper. Sprinkle the broken pretzel pieces on top and gently mix them into the popcorn with your hands.
- Melt Candy Melts – Place the candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 20 second intervals (stirring after each one) until the melts are fully melted.
- Coat popcorn with chocolate – Drizzle half of the melted candy over the popcorn mixture and gently toss with a rubber spatula to coat the mixture with the candy melts.
- Add in M&M’s and Sprinkles – Pour the remaining candy melts over the popcorn mixture and Sprinkle the M&Ms and Christmas Sprinkles on top.
- Let Mixture Cool – Let the mixture cool completely so that the candy can harden. Then break into pieces and serve.
How Much Does it Make:
To make this Christmas Crunch you start off with about 2 bags of popcorn. Which makes about 10 cups of popped corn. You can easily double this recipe to make sure you have enough to hand out as gifts.
Depending on how much you add to gift bags, you easily make about 8 to 10 gift bags with what the recipe calls for. We love handing these out at holiday parties.
Tips for The Best Christmas Crunch:
- Air Popped Popcorn – This can easily be made with air popped popcorn instead. This recipe uses approximately 10 cups of popped popcorn.
- Serving – Serve this Christmas Crunch within of a few days of making it as the popcorn could go stale.
- Other Holiday Seasons – You can easily make this popcorn crunch snack for any holidays. Chance the sprinkles and the M&M’s to the holiday you are celebrating. Pastels for Easter or Orange or Black for Halloween. The options are endless.
- Gluten Free – Popcorn is a gluten free snack. Before adding any other ingredients make sure to check the label.
Variations and Additions:
- Melted candy. You can use melted white chocolate chips instead of candy melts if you prefer. Use other flavors of chocolate or drizzle over the top with a different color of candy melt.
- Pretzels and peanuts – You can use different shapes of pretzels in this recipe. Another idea is to leave the pretzels whole instead of breaking into pieces. Sometimes, we also add a handful of peanuts and combine in a large bowl.
- Microwave safe bowl – Make sure to use a bowl that is microwave safe to melt the candy. Only melt in increments so that you do not burn it.
- Flavored candy melts – Try different flavors such as mint, milk chocolate or peppermint.
- More holidays – Substitute the red and green m&m’s for other seasonal m&m’s or plain ones. You can pair this with any sprinkles that work for the occasion to enjoy these year round.
- Chex Cereal – Instead of popcorn, use chex cereal. It is a tasty variation that combines well with the other ingredients.
- Cheerios – We also like to add in cheerios as it is a good combination with the popcorn.
How to Store Leftovers:
You can store this snack mix at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or store in a microwave safe bowl for up to 1 week.
Print Recipe here for Christmas Crunch:
- 2 bags Popcorn made per the package instructions
- 1 cup Pretzels broken into small pieces
- 1 bag White Candy Melts 12 oz bag
- 1 bag Green and Red M&Ms
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn based on the bag instructions and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the popcorn over the parchment paper. Sprinkle the broken pretzel pieces on top and gently mix them into the popcorn with your hands.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 20 second intervals (stirring after each one) until the melts are fully melted.
- Drizzle half of the melted candy over the popcorn mixture and gently toss with a rubber spatula to coat the mixture with the candy melts.
- Pour the remaining candy melts over the popcorn mixture and Sprinkle the M&Ms and Christmas Sprinkles on top.
- Let the mixture cool completely so that the candy can harden. Then break into pieces and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Desserts:
- Easy Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
- Christmas Brownies Recipe
- Christmas Fruit Salad
- How to Make Christmas Tree Brownies