Christmas Brownies are the perfect holiday brownie to make. We love making brownies and adding Christmas sprinkles takes them to the next level.
Christmas Brownies Recipe:
Holiday baking is one of our favorite things to do with the kids. These Christmas Brownies are decadent and the perfect holiday treat to start with. The green and red sprinkles, with the M&M’s make these Christmas Brownie look so fun and festive.
If you like making holiday brownies as much as my family, make these Christmas Tree Brownies or these Reindeer Brownies. These three combine brownies recipes are easy to make and will look so cute on your holiday table.
These made from scratch brownies with the a homemade ganache topping will be a crowd favorite. Take these brownies to your holiday party or to a cookie exchange. They will definitely add to the holiday spirit.
Christmas Chocolate Ganache Brownies:
Delicious Christmas Chocolate Ganache Brownies are easy to make with easy ingredients. If you love baking as much as my family does, you probably already have the majority of the supplies.
These Christmas Brownies are rich, creamy and decadent. The entire pan of brownies is coated in more M&M’s and lots of sprinkles. It is such a festive sweet treat to make for Christmas parties, movie night and more.
These Christmas Brownies can also be made with a brownie mix.
For the Brownies:
- Brown Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Large Eggs
- Butter, melted
- Vanilla Extract
- Christmas M&Ms
For the Ganache Topping:
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Brownies:
- Prepare Oven and Baking Pan – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix Wet Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the butter, eggs and sugars. Then add in the vanilla extract until they are well mixed. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add in Dry Ingredients – Then slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flours, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Stir in M&M’s – Then gently stir in 1 cup of the Christmas M&Ms.
- Pour batter into pan – Spread the batter into the 9X13 pan. Spread the batter evenly. The batter will be thick. Use a spatula to smooth out the top before baking.
- Bake Brownies – Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake or the brownies will be dry.
- Make Ganache Topping – Prepare the fudge topping by heating up the heavy whipping cream in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the chocolate chips and keep stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour on cooked brownies – Pour on top of brownies and smooth it out using a spatula.
- Add the Sprinkles – Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms and Chrstmas sprinkles on top. Then refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the topping to set.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then cut into brownie bars, serve and enjoy after cooling completely. Place in a pan with foil line for easy storing.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache:
The rich and chocolate ganache is my favorite part of this brownie. It adds an extra layer of chocolate that takes these brownies to the next level. The simple ingredients include Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Heavy Cream, and Christmas Sprinkles.
- Place the heavy cream in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Then slowly add in the chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted and smooth.
- Once melted, stir in the Christmas Sprinkles
- Then pour over cooked Brownies for amazing chocolate flavor
How to Decorate Christmas Brownies:
These brownies can easily be made for any occasion or holiday.
- Change the Sprinkles – Use the different color sprinkles for the holiday you are celebrating. Pastel for Easter, Orange for Halloween or Thanksgiving, or Red or Pink for Valentines.
- Frosting. Decorate the tops of the brownies using a piping bag. Feel free to use food coloring to make red and green icing if desired.
- Peppermint. Substitute the M&M’s on top for crushed peppermint. It will add a hint of mint flavor and look pretty.
- Candy Canes – Top the brownies with candy canes for a fun and festive look.
What is the Secret to Moist Brownies:
The secret to moist brownies is to not overcook them. If there are crumbs still on the toothpick when you check for doneness, then the brownies are probably overdone. Watch brownies closely, and the results are moist chewy brownies.
Also, make sure to not overmix. If you overmix the brownie batter, it will result in a more cake like consistency. Only blend until just combined so they will turn out fudgy.
How to Store Leftover Brownies:
Store the leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Print Recipe here for Christmas Brownies:
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Christmas M&Ms
For the Ganache Topping:
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla extract until they are well mixed.
- Then slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flours, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients. Then gently stir in 1 cup of the Christmas M&Ms.
- Spread the batter into the 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake or the brownies will be dry.
- Prepare the fudge topping by heating up the heavy whipping cream in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the chocolate chips and keep stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour on top of brownies and smooth it out using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms and Chrstmas sprinkles on top and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the topping to set.
- Then cut, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Christmas Desserts:
- Easy Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
- Christmas Crunch Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Oreo Truffles Recipe
- Adorable Reindeer Cupcakes