Crock Pot Green Beans and Potatoes is an easy side dish that is made in the slow cooker. Easy ingredients makes this side dish so flavorful.
Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe:
Save space on your stove top and make this Slow Cooker Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe side dish. Fresh green beans and red potatoes are seasoned with bacon, onion, and garlic to make this dish so flavorful.
Adding all the ingredients to your slow cooker allows you to easily make this side dish. This Southern Style side dish is always a crowd favorite and can be served as a weeknight dinner or for the holidays.
This green beans and potatoes can easily be changed to what you have on hand. You will love this classic recipe because how delicious and easy it is to make.
How to Trim Green Beans:
- Get about 15 green beans and place on a cutting board. Line the green beans up in a uniform manner lengthwise. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Take a Sharp Knife and with one holding the green beans and then cut the end off the green beans. I try to get right above the tip and cut.
- Then line up the other end of the green beans and cut the other side of the green beans.
- Fresh Green Beans (washed and the ends trimmed)
- Baby Red Potatoes (quartered)
- White Onion, sliced
- Bacon, Cooked and diced
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
How to Make Green Beans and Potatoes in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Add all the ingredients to a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-7 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Step 3 – Serve warm with a slotted spoon and enjoy!
How Long to Cook Potatoes in the Crock Pot:
When cooking potatoes in the crock pot you want to make sure that you cut them about the same size. This ensure that they will cook about the same time.
Cooking the potatoes and green beans on low will slow cook for about 3 to 4 hours. If you want to cook on high, I would check them potatoes in about an hour.
After finishing cooking the green beans and potatoes, you can easily leave the crock pot on warm. This makes for the perfect side dish recipe to prepare ahead of time for all your holiday dinners.
- Green Beans – If you would like the green beans to be crunchy, don’t cook them as long. You can also cook longer to make them really soft. It is all about your preference.
- If you are using frozen green beans – You do not need to thaw them, just place them in the crock pot as the recipe indicates.
- Mixing the ingredients – There is no need to mix the ingredients prior to adding to the slow cooker. Just toss everything in and cook.
- Holiday Meals – This is the perfect side dish to prepare for all your holiday meals. It is budget friendly and requires for little ingredients.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Potatoes and Green Beans:
Green beans and potatoes go with almost any dinner. They are a very versatile side dish.
- Roasted Turkey Breast – The perfect turkey recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Roasted Chicken Recipe – Easy steps to make the perfect roasted chicken.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This slow cooker recipe would be the perfect side dish to meal prep with. We like to store in individual containers.
When you are ready to reheat, place on the stove top in a sauce pan and reheat over medium heat.
You can also reheat in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.
- Potatoes – You can use Yellow Potatoes or New Potatoes instead of the Red potatoes in this recipe.
- Green Beans – Frozen green beans can be used instead of fresh. Any style of green beans would work with this recipe.
- Bacon Grease – For added flavor, you can add in some bacon grease.
- Mushrooms – If you like mushrooms, slice some up and add it to this crock pot recipe. It adds flavor and makes it so delicious.
- Add a crunchy topping – If you would like a crunchy topping, add some slice almonds or chopped pecans.
- Extra Spice – For an extra spice, mix in a teaspoon or two of red pepper flakes.
- Change the Seasoning – You easily add in additional seasoning blend such as taco seasoning or cajun seasoning. This gives the potatoes and greens beans extra flavor.
- Ham – You can easily swap the bacon for diced ham, smoked sausage or a ham hock.
Easy Crock Pot Side Dish:
This green and potato side dish is really easy but tastes delicious. The bacon and garlic flavor jazzes up the green beans and potatoes for a fabulous side dish the entire family will love.
Potatoes and Green beans are easy to make and inexpensive too. They go with just about anything for a great side dish. Perfect for the holidays or paired easily with a grilled, baked, or fried recipe.
Give this a try the next time you need a simple side dish that will taste amazing. It does not disappoint. They look fancy but the recipe is super easy.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Green Beans and Potatoes:
Crock Pot Green Beans and Potatoes
- 2 pounds Fresh Green Beans washed and the ends trimmed
- 1 pound Baby Red Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 White Onion sliced
- 6 Slices of Bacon Cooked and diced
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- Add all the ingredients to a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-7 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm with a slotted spoon and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe