This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Build Your Own Pizzas is an easy way to get dinner on table. These easy and simple steps will have you and your family enjoy pizza night too.
Easy Pizza Bar Recipe:
Building your own pizza makes dinner time a breeze. Your pizza bar can fit many different budget, dietary needs or what you have on hand. We love that it is perfect for a weeknight meal or when you are having a gathering.
Even my pickiest eater loves when it is Pizza Bar night. I love to set up all the toppings in separate bowls and it becomes a assembly line.
Use these steps to make your own Pizza Bar. Use your favorite crust, sauce, cheese and topping to make your own pizza.
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Pepperoni Slices
How to Build your own Pizza:
- Step 1 – Place all the ingredients in separate plates or bowls. Set them out on a serving table or platter so that everyone can assemble their own pizzas.
- Step 2 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 3 – To make your own pizza, spread the pizza sauce over the flatbread.
- Step 4 – Then top with your shredded cheeses and toppings of choice.
- Step 5 – Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden browned and the cheese is melted. Bake your pizza on baking sheets or pizza pans.
- Step 6 – Then the pizza is ready to slice, serve and enjoy in less than 15 minutes.
Step 1 – Choose your Crust:
There many crust options that you can choose from. We recommend having a variety of pre-made crust. You can even make homemade pizza dough recipe with all purpose flour and dry yeast.
- Flat Bread
- Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- Low Carb Crust
Step 2 – Choose a Sauce:
We usually serve homemade pizza sauce when we make a pizza bar. But there are many other options that would be great for your favorite pizza.
- Marinara Sauce
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
Step 3 – Choose a Cheese:
There are different types of cheese option that are delicious on your pizza. My son does not like cheese, so he just makes his without it. These are some favorite cheese options.
We do recommend shredding your own cheese as it melts better than pre-shredded cheese.
Step 4 – Choose a Protein:
Load your pizza with your favorite meats or make a veggie pizza.
- Canadian Bacon
Step 5 – Choose a Pizza Topping:
Add on your favorite vegetables to add texture and flavor to your pizza.
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Sliced Black Olives
- Sliced Green Onions
- Sliced Red Onions
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Chopped Bell Peppers
Step 6 – Bake it:
After placing all your favorite toppings on your pizza, place on a baking sheet and bake it. Once the pizza is done baking, slice and serve with a side salad.
More Topping Ideas:
There are so many options to top your pizza. That is why we love pizza night as everyone can add their favorite toppings. These are so more of my favorite toppings.
- Pineapple Chunks
- Fresh Basil
Tips for a Pizza Bar:
- Many Options – This is a great base recipe but you can easily use any sauces, cheeses or toppings that you would love to make this fun Pizza Bar.
- Olive Oil – Before I start adding toppings, I like to drizzle olive oil the crust.
- Family Night – Start a tradition with your family with pizza bar and movie night. My kids love this night.
- Cheese – We recommend shredding your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has added ingredients and it doesn’t melt as well.
What do you Serve with Pizza:
Pizza can be served by itself but I like to have some side options, especially if I am feeding a crowd.
Print Recipe here for Build Your Own Pizza:
Build Your Own Pizza Recipe
- 8 Flatbread
- 4 cups Pizza sauce
- 4 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Pepperoni Slices
- Place all the ingredients in separate plates or bowls. Set them out on a serving table or platter so that everyone can assemble their own pizzas.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make your own pizza, spread the pizza sauce over the flatbread.
- Then top with your shredded cheeses and toppings of choice.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden browned and the cheese is melted.
- Then the pizza is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe