This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Christmas Oreos are covered in chocolate and then topped with fun Christmas sprinkles. Take this classic cookie to the next level by dipping them in chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Christmas Oreos:
We love making desserts for the holidays. There is just something about the holidays and baking, they just go together. These no bake Chocolate Covered Oreos Christmas Recipe is one of our favorites to make.
They require very little ingredients and the options are endless on how to decorate them. This double chocolate treat are simple to make and look adorable. Fun and festive treats are sure to be a crowd favorite and are quick and easy.
All you need is a package of Oreos, your favorite chocolate melts, and sprinkles. Get the kids involved and make it a easy holiday tradition. If you love Christmas cookies try one of our 55 Christmas Cookie Exchange Recipes.
Christmas Chocolate Covered Oreos:
This Christmas Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe are the perfect treat to make for all your holiday parties, gift giving to your neighbors and friends.
This dessert is so simple yet looks amazing! Everyone loves Oreos and all the extra chocolate coating make them even more yummy! Red white and blue desserts are so fun to make.
Everyone loves the classic Oreo cookie but covering them in chocolate takes this cookie to the next level. They are still as yummy when you dip them in milk. Make these desserts for any occasion or gift idea, everyone will love this Chocolate Covered Oreos.
- White Candy Melts (6 oz)
- Red Candy Melts (6 oz)
- Green candy Melts (6 oz)
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Oreo Christmas Cookies:
- Prepare Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Melt Candy Melts – Place each of the candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Dip Oreo – Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- Remove Excess Chocolate – While the Oreo is on the fork gently take the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Decorate – Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet and top with the holiday sprinkles before they dry.
- Rest, Serve and Enjoy – Let them sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to set and then enjoy.
Can I use Milk Chocolate instead of Candy Melts?
Yes, you can use chocolate chips and melt the same way as you did the candy melts. The difference between white chocolate melting wafers, milk chocolate melting wafers and white chocolate is cocoa butter. White chocolate has this ingredient whereas candy melts do not.
Candy melts have vegetable oil instead. The vegetable oil helps to give the chocolate covered Oreo cookies a nice sheen once they dry.
If you use melted white chocolate or almond bark, you can easily add in food coloring to change the color you desired.
Chocolate Melting Tips:
- Melting Chocolate – Place chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls to melt. Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals and stirring after each time.
- Don’t over cook – When melting chocolate, make sure not to over cook. Make sure to stir after each time as this helps the chocolate to melt on its own.
- Removing Oreo – When you remove the Oreo from the chocolate make sure you gently take the fork against the bowl. This removes any excess chocolate from the Oreo. This helps to have a smooth surface on the Oreo.
- Double Boiler – You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or with a double broiler.
- Line with Parchment Paper – You definitely want to use parchment paper or wax paper on the baking sheet. Clean up is a breeze when you can just toss the paper in the trash.
How to Store Christmas Oreos:
Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. These Christmas Oreos are the perfect holiday treat to make ahead of time.
How to Dip Oreo in Chocolate:
We recommend using a fork or a spoon to dip the Oreo in the Chocolate. We have even used our hands but that gets really messy.
Using a small bowl or short glass is helpful in getting the Oreo dipped in the chocolate. This is also helpful in melting the chocolate.
How to Decorate Christmas Oreos:
- Use different color of candy melts – I think red and green would be pretty swirled on top of the ones coated in white. You can also use bright colors or mix two together.
- Sprinkles – The ideas are endless for sprinkles as you can use any type you like. Let the kids make faces or Christmas Trees with the sprinkles for even more fun.
- Crushed candy canes – Take peppermint candy or candy canes and crush. Sprinkle on the cookies for a festive and tasty treat.
- Mini chocolate chips – Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top.
- Crushed Oreo crumbs – Take a few cookies and turn into crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the oreo cookies.
Chocolate Dipped Christmas Oreo Variation Ideas:
- Change the Cookie – Any type of store bought Oreo will work. We have used vanilla or chocolate peanut butter Oreo. You can even use double stuffed Oreo.
- Add a Stick in the Oreo – You can easily add in a stick to the Oreo. It would resemble a cake ball.
- Use Different Sprinkles – My kids love to add the sprinkles to these chocolate covered Oreos. We like to use sprinkles that match the holiday we are celebrating.
- Change the Color – You can change the color of the candy melts for the holiday that you are making them for.
Print Recipe here for Christmas Oreos:
- 1 pkg Oreos
- 6 oz. White Candy Melts
- 6 oz. Red Candy Melts
- 6 oz. Green candy Melts
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place each of the candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- While the Oreo is on the fork gently take the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet and top with the holiday sprinkles before they dry.
- Let them sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to set and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Treats:
- Easy Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
- Christmas Cookies in a Jar Recipe
- How to Make Christmas Tree Brownies