This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are needing a fun and easy snack, make Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn. It is loaded with sweet and salty flavor that is always a crowd favorite.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe:
There is nothing better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Adding this combination to popcorn makes it the perfect sweet and salty treat.
Popcorn is always our go-to snack when we are having a movie night or family night. It can be ready in minutes and there is nothing better than the crunch texture. Adding the peanut butter and chocolate makes it the ultimate to enjoy our favorite snack.
This sweet treat is budget friendly and perfect for any occasion. Feel free to add different chocolate chips or candy to make it your own. This popcorn mixture would also make the perfect holiday gift.
- Popped Popcorn (approximately 3 bags)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chunks
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn:
- Step 1 – Prepare the popcorn – Pop the popcorn and spread it out onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. You can also pour popcorn in a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate – Heat the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted. Remove from heat once melted.
- Step 3 – Drizzle over popcorn – Drizzle the chocolate evenly over the popcorn on the baking sheet.
- Step 4 – Melt Peanut Butter – Place the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, until the peanut butter is easy to drizzle.
- Step 5 – Pour the Peanut Butter – Drizzle the peanut butter over the popcorn as well.
- Step 6 – Top with pinch of salt – Top the popcorn with the salt and the chocolate chunks.
- Step 7 – Rest Mixture – Allow the popcorn to sit until the chocolate and peanut butter mixture hardens (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the popcorn is ready to break apart into pieces, serve and enjoy.
- Melting Chocolate – When melting the chocolate make sure to do it in 30 second intervals. This prevents the chocolate from burning in the microwave safe bowl.
- Popcorn – Prepare the popcorn ahead of time. You can also use air popped popcorn or store bought popcorn. Make sure to remove un-popped kernels.
- Baking Sheet – Before pouring the popcorn on the baking sheet. Make sure to line it with wax paper or parchment paper. This prevents the popcorn from sticking and makes it an easy cleanup.
- Rest Mixture – The chocolate needs to harden and cool before trying to break into pieces. Make sure to allow enough time to set or it will not easily break.
- Drizzle mixture over the popcorn – Make sure that you drizzle the melted chocolate and peanut butter all over the popcorn. You want this tasty mixture on every piece of popcorn.
- Double the Recipe – This snack is addicting so we like to double the recipe so we can store in a jar. This allows us to snack on it all week.
How Long will Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn last:
If stored properly this popcorn will last about a week. After this time the popcorn can lose its crunchy texture.
- Popcorn – We recommend using plain popcorn. You can make this popcorn with air popper popcorn or store bought popcorn. We have even used microwave popcorn for an quick and easy snack.
- Chocolate – Feel free to use different types of chocolate for this recipe. You can use Milk Chocolate Chips, Dark Chocolate Chips or white chocolate chips.
- Add Candy – This popcorn is delicious with added candy. We recommend Reese’s Pieces because of the chocolate and peanut flavor. This adds so much flavor to gourmet popcorn.
- Peanut butter – Substitute crunch peanut butter for the creamy peanut butter. This will add a layer of crunch and texture if you love peanuts.
- Nuts – For added crunch add in some chopped peanuts or slice almonds.
- Pretzels – Add in chopped pretzels to add to the sweet and salty taste.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. This is the perfect treat to place in a mason jar and hand out as holiday gifts.
You can prepare ahead of time and give to friends, family and neighbors. It makes for a delicious homemade gift.
Print Recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 9 cups Popped Popcorn approximately 3 bags
- 10 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chunks
- Pop the popcorn and spread it out onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate evenly over the popcorn on the baking sheet.
- Place the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, until the peanut butter is easy to drizzle.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the popcorn as well.
- Top the popcorn with the salt and the chocolate chunks.
- Allow the popcorn to sit until the chocolate and peanut butter hardens (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Then the popcorn is ready to break apart into pieces, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe