Learn How to Dye Easter Eggs with Kool Aid. No special kits needed and your kids will have a blast.
How to Dye Easter Eggs with Kool Aid:
We are going to show you how to dye Easter eggs with kool aid for gorgeous Easter eggs. Have you heard of coloring your Easter Eggs with Kool-aid?
It is actually very easy to do and the kids just love it! You don’t have to special dye at the store to color your eggs vibrant colors. You just need Kool-Aid and water.
I love that I don’t need any of those kits and there isn’t any need to purchase items like vinegar. Kool Aid mixed with water make the perfect egg to hunt with.
This saves money and time and the eggs look so pretty. I almost always have packets of Kool Aid so it makes it even easier to do this with the kids.
Can you Color Easter Eggs with Kool Aid?
Yes! You most certainly can and it is one of our favorite ways to dye eggs. It is super easy and does not require any kits or expensive ingredients. Kool Aid Dye Eggs is a great way to make a fun memory with your kids.
We also love to make tie dye Easter eggs with shaving cream for another fun idea. Can you tell we like to use things we already have at home?
Supplies you need:
- Kool Aid Packets Drink Mix
How to dye Eggs with Kool-aid:
- Step 1 – Take 1 package of kool-aid and desolve with 2/3 cup of water (some have used 1 cup of water). If you use less water, you will get more vibrant colors.
- Step 2 – Dip your eggs like you normally would. Allow the color to penetrate fully.
- Step 3 – Let Kool Aid dyed easter eggs dry completely. We like to keep in the egg carton to dry.
Tips for Egg Dying with Kool-Aid:
- Dyeing the Eggs – The less water you use the more vibrant the color of your eggs will be.
- Placing in the Water – You only need to place the eggs in the water for about a minute or so. It doesn’t take long for the color of the eggs to appear on the egg.
- Color of the Eggs – Some Kool Aid flavors may not turn out good colors for the eggs. Lemonade flavor color did not turn out a very vibrant yellow. It was a light yellow color.
- Drying Eggs – Place on a wire rack that has a paper towel underneath. This catches any drippings for the dye.
Are Kool Aid Dyed Eggs Edible?
Yes, Kool aid dyed eggs are safe to eat.
How long will they last?
Kool Aid dyed eggs will last about a week. This is a great activity to do a head of time for all your Easter egg hunts.
Recommended flavors that you try:
- Cherry and Lemonade
- Blue Raspberry
- Lemon Lime
- Peach Mango
- Berry Blue
Just remember, leave the egg in the kool aid longer to get more vibrant colors. If you want to have more pastel eggs, do not leave them in as long.
Tips for Hard Boiled Eggs:
I’m not a fan of boiling eggs. The entire process can be a mess.
No worries though because you can learn how to bake hard boiled eggs in the oven.
Try these Easter Treats:
- Crock pot Spiral Ham Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- The Best Recipes for Easter Dinner – FREE Menu Plan
How to dye Easter eggs with Kool Aid
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Kool-Aid Packets various colors
- Dissolve a packet of Kool-aid in a cup with 2/3 cup water. Whisk until the kool-aid is dissolved into the water.
- Continue this process until you have each color dissolved in water in a separate cup.
- Place the hard boiled eggs in the cups and allow them to get completely covered with the kool-aid mixture. Let the eggs soak for 5-10 minutes until the eggs are the color that you prefer. The longer the eggs sit, the more vibrant the colors will be.
- Use a spoon to remove the eggs from the cup and place them on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet to cool completely.