You only need 4 Ingredients to make this Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken. The chicken is cook tender and loaded with delicious buffalo sauce.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Recipe:
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is a family favorite recipe. The tangy, spicy and delicious buffalo sauce gives the chicken so much flavor. This buffalo chicken recipe only requires 4 ingredients and we let the slow cooker do all the work.
My family loves buffalo sauce. We have made many different recipes with the delicious flavors of buffalo sauce. These recipes are a must try. Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings and Easy Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups are always on the menu.
If you are having friends and family over, make this Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip for a crowd pleasing dip or Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Recipe.
This crock pot buffalo chicken recipe can be served many different ways. We love to make sandwiches, quesadilla and even nachos. This is the best weeknight meal recipe.
What is Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo Wing Sauce is a combination of hot sauce and butter and this combination makes a tangy, spicy and rich flavor. There are many different store bought brands that you can get, but you can also make Homemade Buffalo Sauce.
Making homemade buffalo sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients. When making this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, you can make your own or buy the jar stuff.
The combination with the ranch seasoning mix makes this chicken recipe so flavorful.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Ranch Seasoning Mix (1 oz)
- Hot Sauce (we used Frank’s Original Hot Sauce)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
- Step 2 – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and ranch seasoning mix. Pour this sauce on top of the chicken in the crock pot. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top on the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Step 3 – Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or cook on high for 3 hours. Then shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Step 4 – Then the chicken is ready to serve as is. You can also top on sandwiches or on top of nachos or salads. Enjoy!
Can I Use Ranch Dressing instead of a Mix?
Yes, you can use ranch salad dressing instead of the seasoning mix. The buffalo chicken mixture will be creamier but delicious.
If you prefer to substitute for the ranch dressing I would had about ½ cup of dressing for the seasoning mix.
How to Serve Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken:
This juicy buffalo chicken is one of my favorites to make as it is so tender and shreds easily. You can use this chicken on many different things and these are some of our favorites:
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches – Top your favorite buns, hoagies or any type of bread with this shredded buffalo chicken.
- Nachos – We love to get a sheet pan and top it with tortilla chips, this shredded chicken and cheese. Place in the oven and these crispy, cheesy, buffalo chicken nachos are so delicious.
- Make a Dip – Making buffalo chicken dip is a family favorite. I love to make for a game day party or for an afternoon snack. The cream cheese combined with the other ingredients makes a creamy dip.
- Quesadilla – Quesadilla are the perfect lunch to make on the weekends. Add buffalo chicken in between two flour tortillas are always delicious.
- Make a Salad – Top your favorite salad with this shredded buffalo chicken. We love to add our favorite vegetables and blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles to the top.
- Pizza – This chicken is delicious on top of pizza. The combination of my family’s two favorite recipes is so tasty.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken:
Depending what we are using the shredded buffalo chicken for depends on what we are serving with.
- White Rice – We like to make a batch of white rice to serve with this buffalo chicken. The white rice really balances the buffalo sauce.
- Roasted Vegetables – Make some roasted broccoli or asparagus for an easy side with this buffalo chicken.
Can Buffalo Chicken be frozen?
You can freeze this buffalo chicken in two ways. We love to meal prep freezer meals for the month so we can stock our freezer with easy meals. This is one way you can freeze this meal.
Place the frozen chicken with the other ingredients in a freezer safe bag and place in the freezer. It will stay good for about 3 months. When you are ready to cook, place the frozen ingredients in the crock pot for a quick and easy meal idea.
You can also freeze the cooked chicken. Once the buffalo chicken has cooled to room temperature, place in a freezer safe bag. It will stay fresh for about 3 months if stored properly.
Once you are ready to serve again, place the freezer bag in the refrigerator and thaw overnight. Then reheat in the microwave or stove top.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This recipe would be perfect meal prep with. Divide the shredded chicken in individual containers with some white rice and vegetables for an easy lunch idea.
Print Recipe for Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken:
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 pkg Ranch Seasoning Mix 1 oz
- 12 oz Hot Sauce we used Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and ranch seasoning mix. Pour this sauce on top of the chicken in the crock pot. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top on the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Then shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Then the chicken is ready to serve as is or top on sandwiches or on top of nachos or salads. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chipotle Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe
I’ve made this several times and my family loves it. We use tortillas and put this on there with the chicken and call it a spicy chicken wrap. It’s delicious.