This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Take you meatballs up a notch with this Crockpot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. They are loaded with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
My 8 kids love when I make meatballs for dinner or as an appetizer. This mozzarella stuffed meatballs crockpot recipe has now become one of their favorites. The texture and flavor makes it a delicious twist on a classic recipe.
I love making crockpot recipes for many different recipes. If you love this meatball recipe, then I am sure you going to love these – Crockpot Meatball Stew, Crock Pot Italian Meatball Stew Recipe and Crockpot BBQ Meatballs.
Table of Contents
Why Make these Stuffed Meatballs?
You are going to love this Crockpot Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella recipe. The best part of these meatballs is when you take bite into the cheesy center.
The meatballs cook perfectly in the slow cooker and it is the perfect low-carb dish.
For the Meatballs:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Large Egg beaten
- Plain Breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Mozzarella Cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
For the Sauce:
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Granulated Sugar
- Beef Broth
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom of the post to see recipe card.
- Change Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning. We added a Italian Seasoning blend, but you can substitute with basil, oregano, cloves garlic and more.
- Change Meat – Substitute the ground beef for ground turkey or do a mixture of the two. You can also use ground pork or Italian sausage.
- Sauce – We love making our sauce from scratch, but you can easily a can of tomato sauce, marinara sauce or pizza sauce.
- Cheese – Feel free to use mozzarella string cheese and cut into squares for this recipe. You can easily use different flavors.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – In a large bowl, mix together the beef, egg, and breadcrumbs. Add in parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning. Then add salt, pepper and fresh parsley. Mix with your hands or a wooden spoon until just combined
Step 2 – Take approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Roll it into a ball and place a piece of the cheese into the center of the ball.
- Step 3 – Add all the sauce ingredients to a crock pot. Gently stir to combine all the ingredients and add the meatballs to the crock pot.
- Step 4 – Cover and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. Then the meatballs are ready to serve and enjoy!
- Combining Ingredients – Make sure to no over mix the ingredients. We recommend mixing by hand or with a wooden spoon for best results.
- Inserting Cheese – Cover the cheese with the meat mixture so that it is completely covered. This helps to melt the cheese and prevents it from oozing out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The great thing about slow cooker mozzarella stuffed meatballs is there is no need to brown the meat. The crock pot does all the work and cooks the meat for you.
The meatballs work great as a appetizer or you can serve them as a main course. Serve over spaghetti noodles, your favorite pasta, or make meatball subs with them.
More Easy Meatball Recipes:
If you try this Crock Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs Recipe, make sure to leave a comment. We love hearing from you.
Crock Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and fresh parsley. Mix with your hands or a wooden spoon until just combined (do not over mix).
- Take approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Roll it into a ball and place a piece of the cheese into the center of the ball.
- Continue this process until all the meatballs are formed.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a crock pot. Gently stir to combine all the ingredients and add the meatballs to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Then the meatballs are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe