This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Turn your favorite holiday drink into an Eggnog Milkshake Recipe. With only 4 ingredients, it takes just minutes to make this creamy eggnog shake.
Whether you buy it at the store in November the minute it comes out or make homemade eggnog, it is a long anticipated seasonal treat. It’s only available for a limited time and it is the perfect holiday drink.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
- Just 4 ingredients. It is so easy to make and tastes even better than McDonald’s Eggnog Milkshake.
- So much eggnog flavor. Anyone that loves eggnog needs to make this. This easy Eggnog shake tastes rich and delicious.
- Refreshing holiday treat. It combines the flavors of the season into a frozen decadence.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
Find the complete ingredient list and instructions in the recipe card at the bottom.
Substitutions and Additions
- Pumpkin. Add pumpkin pie filling to make Pumpkin Eggnog and garnish with nutmeg.
- Milk. If you prefer less eggnog flavor, add whole milk or heavy cream along with the eggnog.
How to make Eggnog Milkshake
Step 1. Place the french vanilla ice cream, egg nog and cinnamon in a blender.
Step 2. Blend the mixture until smooth.
Step 3. Divide the milkshake mixture into 2 serving glasses.
Step 4. Top the milkshake with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired. You do not have to top with whipped cream if you do not want to. Also, you can also add a cinnamon stick.
- Chilled Glass. Serve each milkshake in a chilled glass to elevate the experience.
- Ice Cream. The consistency of the milk shake is best when the ice cream is softened. However, you do not want the ice cream to be melted.
- Eggnog Ice Cream. You can use this instead of egg nog to make the ice cream. Just pair it with milk to make the shake.
- Make popsicles with leftovers. Pour leftover shake mixture into popsicle molds for another fun treat later.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is best served fresh, but you can store any leftovers in the freezer for 1-2 days. Let the leftovers sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
Then stir to make it a shake consistency again before serving. You can add more milk if desired for the preferred texture.
I like to enjoy this vanilla ice cream eggnog delight in a chilled glass. Each serving is wonderful topped with ground nutmeg, cinnamon and whipped cream.
You can also add a maraschino cherry on top of the frozen custard.
More Milkshake Recipes to try:
Make this recipe today for a delicious treat in minutes. Then please come back and leave a star recipe rating and comment!
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Place the ice cream, eggnog and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 2 serving glasses.
- Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle extra cinnamon on top.
- Serve immediately while cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe