This Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe is amazing! It is one of our new favorite pressure cooker recipes because it saves so much time. You get all the flavor of twice baked potatoes without all the work!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole Recipe:
We are in love with this loaded baked potato casserole. It tastes like a loaded baked potato but you have the convenience of a casserole.
You have potatoes with the delicious skin with butter, cheese, sour cream, milk, chives, BACON and even more cheese!
Trust me you are going to love this easy instant pot recipe as much as I do and thanks to the instant pot is so easy to prepare.
You no longer have to bake potatoes for hours on baking sheets and spoon out the insides just to re-stuff them again. I promise that using the instant pot makes twice baked potatoes easier to make without loosing any of the flavor!
What is Twice Baked Potato Casserole?
Twice Bake Potato Casserole is the ultimate comfort food. The casserole is made with potatoes that have been cooked and mashed then mixed with simple ingredients.
These ingredients include bacon, chives, milk, sour cream and anything else that you prefer. All these ingredients are place in a casserole dish and topped with more cheese. It is baked until cheese is melted.
It is the perfect side to many different recipes.
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (save some for toppings)
- Green Onions
- Bacon (or use bacon crumbles)
If you have ever made twice baked potatoes before, the ingredients are pretty simple. This casserole recipe is just easier to assembly and to serve so you get all the same flavors without all the work.
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes in the Pressure Cooker:
- Step 1 – First scrub the potatoes to clean them since you leave the potato skins on for this recipe.
- Step 2 – Once they are dry, cut your potatoes into chunks and don’t forget to leave the skin on.
- Step 3 – Next place the potatoes in the pressure cooker or Instant pot.
- Step 4 – Add 1 cup of water, 1 stick of the butter, and salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Then place the lid on top and make sure your nob is set to sealing position on the lid.
- Step 5 – After this cook on high pressure under the manual setting for 6 minutes. You are free to walk away and wait until the instant pot beeps.
- Step 6 – After this pressure cooking time, do the quick release to relieve the pressure from the electric pressure cooker. We recommend the quick release instead of natural release.
- Step 7 – Then add the remaining butter and the milk directly into the insert of your instant pot. Mix well with an electric hand mixer right in the instant pot or mash with a hand masher.
- Step 8 – After these ingredients are combined, add in the sour cream, ranch mix, and mix well. Then fold in the shredded cheese and green onions.
- Step 9 – Next place the potato mixture in a casserole dish or your favorite baking dish. Then top with the remaining cheese, chives, bacon.
- Step 10 – Baked in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes – 20 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
- Step 11 – Serve and enjoy.
Watch this video on how easy they are to make!
2 Ways to make Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole easier!
1. You can make it ahead.
- You can easily make this the night before. Just cover it with foil.
- Place in the fridge. Then you can put it in the oven when you are ready to eat. This is perfect for big family gatherings and holidays.
2. Makes a great freezer meal recipe.
- You can freeze it. Make it up and place it in a foil pan. Allow it to cool completely and cover with foil.
- You can freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat, you simply thaw it out overnight and bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If it is still frozen, you can bake it at 350 degrees for 1 ½ hours.
- This will be great to make in advance for holidays or family gatherings and is such an easy freezer meal recipe.
Recipe Variation Ideas:
- Change the Potatoes – You can use red potatoes, russet potatoes, or yellow gold potatoes.
- Seasoning – You can add in seasoning such as onion powder or garlic powder for added flavor.
How to Store:
Place leftover in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The leftovers will stay good for up to 5 days.
How to Freeze Mashed Potato Casserole:
You can also freeze this casserole by placing in individual freezer containers. If stored properly the casserole will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat:
When you are ready to reheat, allow casserole to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals. Stirring the casserole after heating.
Print this Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe below:
Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup milk (may need more to make it creamer)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheese (save some for toppings)
- 1 bundle of green onions chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (or use bacon crumbles)
- Cut your potatoes into chunks. Leave the skin on.
- Place in the pressure cooker or Instant pot. Add 1 cup of water, Stick butter, and salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top and make sure your nob is set to sealing.
- Then click the manual button and turn it to 6 minutes.
- Walk away and wait until it beeps.
- Do the quick release to relieve the pressure.
- Add the other butter, milk.
- Mix well with an electric hand mixer (there is one on sale right now) right in the instant pot or mash with a hand masher.
- Add in sour cream, ranch mix, and mix well.
- Fold in Shredded cheese and green onions.
- Place in a baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, chives, bacon.
- Baked in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More instant pot Side dishes :
- Brown Sugar Carrots Pressure Cooker recipe
- Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
- Instant Pot White Rice Recipe
Make this using leftover mashed potatoes all the time & nobody knows it’s leftovers 😉
great to feed a large group.
Can this be made the day before, refrigerated and then baked?
Yes, that would work great!
See More Comments