This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists is an easy snack to make at home. All you need is a few ingredients and you can make this copycat recipe at home.
Copycat Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists Recipe:
My kids love getting the Cinnamon Twists from Taco Bell. The crispy texture and the cinnamon and sugar flavor makes a delicious dessert. Skip the drive-thru and make this delicious dessert at home.
These Cinnamon Twists are a popular Taco Bell’s menu item. It is loaded with flavor and now I can easily make it at home with simple Spiral Duros.
If your family loves getting these at the popular fast food chain, now you make them at your own home. Serve them on Taco Tuesday or for a crowd pleasing treat.
What are Cinnamon Twists?
Cinnamon Twists are a delicious snack sold at Taco Bell. They are made with a rotini noodle called Spiral Duros. Spiral Duros are a popular Mexican snack that is made from puffed wheat.
Spiral Duros may look like regular pasta but they are not. They are made with wheat flour, corn starch, salt and baking soda. These ingredients help them expand when deep fried in hot oil.
This recipe can’t be made with regular rotini as they will not expand like the duros.
After frying these Duros roll them in a cinnamon sugar mixture to add delicious flavor.
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Spiral Duros
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
How to Make Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists:
- Step 1 – Combine Sugar and Cinnamon – Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Heat Oil – Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or deep fryer. Heat until its approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 3 – Add Pasta to Oil – Place the pasta in a single layer in the oil (approximately 10-15 pieces). Fry for 1 minute until the pasta puffs up. Remove the pasta from the oil with slotted spoon. Move to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Step 4 – Continue to Fry – Continue this process until all the cooked duros is fried.
- Step 5 – Move Pasta – Then move the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the pasta and gently toss the pasta until it’s coated.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then cinnamon twists are ready to serve and enjoy.
Where do you Buy Spiral Duros?
To make these Cinnamon Twists you must but Spiral Duros de harina. These can be purchased at a Mexican market. These wheat pasta are made from wheat flour, yellow corn meal, and rice flour.
You may even find that at your local grocery store called duros.
Can you Make Cinnamon Twists with other types of Noodles?
No you can not make this delicious treat with another type of pasta. The rotini pasta or any shape of rotini will not work with this recipe. You must purchase the spiral duras from the store.
If you try to use traditional pasta it will not work for this recipe. The pasta will not puff up when deep fried.
How to Make in the Air Fryer:
Making the cinnamon twists in the air fryer may not come out as well as deep frying them. But if you prefer, you can definitely try to see what results you get.
Air fry at 490 degrees for about 6 to 7 minutes. The spiral duros will puff up and be crispy, but may not stick to the cinnamon sugar mixture.
If you try it, let us know if it worked for you.
Cinnamon Twists Taco Bell Recipe Tips:
- Oil – We used vegetable oil to make these cinnamon twist but you can also use canola oil.
- Prepare skillet – Heat the oil in a large skillet or a dutch oven for best results.
- Placing Pasta – When placing pasta in the skillet, place in a single layer. Avoid stacking the pasta para duros to ensure that the cook properly. Cook the cinnamon twist in small batches.
- Adding Cinnamon Sugar Mixture – Once the pasta is cooked, place on a paper towel lined plate. Then sprinkle the mixture over to ensure that they are fully coated. You want to sprinkle the mixture right away.
- Cooking Twist – These cinnamon twist cook fast. Make sure to watch closely so they do not burn.
- Serving – There is not need to wait to serve. Once seasoned, they can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
- Seasoning – The cinnamon and sugar mixture is delicious. But try other types of flavors. You can sprinkle with chili powder and squeeze fresh lime juice. This makes for a delicious Mexican treat.
- Cayenne Pepper – If you want an extra kick, add in a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Sugar Substitute – You can easily use a sugar substitute to make this fit into you diet.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 2-3 days.
Print Recipe from Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists:
Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 ounces Spiral Duros
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or deep fryer until its approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pasta in a single layer in the oil (approximately 10-15 pieces) and fry for 1 minute until the pasta puffs up. Remove the pasta from the oil to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Continue this process until all the pasta is fried.
- Then move the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the pasta and gently toss the pasta until it’s coated.
- Then cinnamon twists are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe