Whipped cream is one of those things that just plain tastes better when you make it from scratch. However, whipped cream seems like it is so hard to make. The opposite is actually true. It only takes a few minutes to have delicious whipped cream.
How to Make Whipped Cream
You actually only need 2 ingredients to make whipped cream. There are a lot of recipes that think you need to add vanilla and a few other ingredients, but really there is no need. This whipped cream recipe is easy to make and tastes great!
Now, once you combine the ingredients, you can either whip the cream by hand, but to make your life easier, you can use a hand held mixer. There are several on sale right now on amazon. I have done it both ways and they both work great.
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Make sure mixing bowl and cream are very cold (I like to put in the freezer for about 15 minutes).
- Put sugar into the mixing bowl and add whipping cream.
- Whisk until the cream gets stiff peaks.
- Use within 8 hours.
- Re-wisk if it starts to flatten out. It is that easy!
More cooking from scratch and cooking basics recipes:
- How to Make a Roux (Cooking Basics)
- How to Roast a Chicken
- How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet
- The BEST Homemade Pancake and Waffle Mix
- How to Make your own Homemade Cornbread Mix