This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make this easy Snicker Apple Salad Recipe with hardly any effort at all but everyone will go crazy over this dish. It is creamy and delicious and so easy with only 3 ingredients needed.
This easy 3 ingredient Candy Bar apple salad recipe is a crowd pleaser. This snicker salad recipe is a very frugal snack or dessert and is perfect for the holiday dessert recipe.
I wouldn’t call it a healthy salad but trust me it taste a lot better than a green salad. Make this Snickers Caramel Apple Salad for your next potluck and watch it disappear. If you like this recipe, you will love these Caramel Apple Nachos Recipe.
Table of Contents
What are The Best Apples to Use?
It really depends on your preference. The tartness from the green apples balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients from the snickers and cool whip. It is the perfect blend of ingredients and one amazing fruit salad.
We use a mix of red delicious apples and green apples and it is delicious. However, you could easily use all green or all red and it still would be super yummy. Just make sure that your apples are free from bruises and are a firm apple.
If you want a sweet apple choose from- Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious. If you like more of a tart apples, choose from – Granny Smith, Melrose, or Winesap. Or if you like a combination of both, sweet and tart, choose from – Jazz, Pink Lady, or Jonagold.
- Apples (2 red and 2 green) -any 4 will do but having a variety makes it better
- Cool whip
- Snickers bar chopped in bite-size pieces
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Toppings – It would be so fun to drizzle caramel sauce or chocolate sauce over the dessert salad. I would do this right before serving.
- Pudding Mix – Add instant vanilla pudding mix to the whipped cream. Just a little milk and instant pudding mix will change the consistency for a nice variation. You can also add in some cream cheese.
- Candy – Substitute other types of candy for the snickers candy bars. My favorites have been heath bars, butterfingers and Twix. I think it would be good to change it up with chocolate chips if you know someone has a nut allergy.
- Apples – Try other types of apples instead of granny smith apples. Any variation will do in apple recipes. Use what you have.
- Different Fruits – You also use different fruits such as bananas, pineapple or strawberries.
- Chopped Nuts – You can even add in chopped walnuts or sliced almonds are great additions.
As you can see, it is so easy to make this salad your own and to use what you have.
We love to make this salad when we have leftover candy. It is a great way to use candy from Halloween, Easter or Christmas.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Chop all your apples into bite size pieces. Leave the skin on
Step 2 – Chop the Snicker Bars into bite size pieces.
Step 3 – In a large bowl mix in the cool whip and the chopped snickers with the apples. (Save about ¼ of the snickers for the top.)
Step 4 – Once it is all combined, top with the left over snickers just to make it look pretty. You can also topped with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce right before serving to give it an extra sweetness kick.
- Step 4 – That is all you have to do. Refrigerate until you are ready to eat!
How to Prevent Apples from Turning Brown:
I always hate when my apples turn brown. Here are some tips to help them keep looking fresh.
- Keep them submerged in water – After slicing them place them in a bowl of water until you are ready to use them.
- Use Water and Salt – You can dissolve about ⅛ teaspoon of salt into a bowl of water. Then add in the apple slices and soak for a few minutes then remove them from the water and rinse the apple slices.
- Use Honey and Water – Stir together about a tablespoon of honey into a bowl of water. Add apple slices for about 30 seconds
The most important thing to remember is to make sure you are reducing the air exposure to the apples. After you have chosen your treatment method, then place them an air-tight container and place in the refrigerator. You may also try squeezing fresh lemon juice.
These methods don’t keep the apples from turning forever but they do help to keep them looking fresh for about an hour or two.
Can you Make Ahead of Time?
I don’t recommend making this salad ahead of time as the apples will turn brown in the refrigerator and get too soft.
I usually make this right before the event or holiday dinner than it’s ready to serve as either an appetizer or a dessert.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have leftovers, store in the fridge for up to 2 days. The apples will start to get soggy if stored to long.
More Fruit Salad Recipes
- Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
- Easy 5 Cup Salad Recipe
- Mandarin Orange Jello Salad Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this apple snicker salad recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Apple Snickers Salad
- 4 apples (I used 2 Red Delicious and 2 Granny Smith apples)
- 8 oz cool whip
- 3 Snickers Bars (chopped)
- Chop all your apples into bit size pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix in the cool whip and the chopped snickers. (Save about ¼ of the snickers for the topping)
- Once it is all combined top with the left over snickers.
- Chill until ready to serve and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe