This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The whole family will love these Caramel Apple Slices and can be made with a variety of toppings. This sweet and tart dessert is easy to make.
My kids and I love these homemade caramel apples. The chocolate and caramel flavor makes this a delicious treat. Make this classic fun treat for the holidays, easy Halloween recipe or for any day of the week.
This dessert recipe is the perfect fall treat. If you love these caramel apples as much as we do, check out these other recipes. Caramel Apple Dip, Caramel Apple Ice Cream Recipe and Easy Caramel Apple Nachos Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Recipe:
These apple slices with caramel are so much easy to eat than regular candy apples. We love the chewy texture, the crisp apples, and the many ways you can top these apples.
These sliced caramel apples are perfect for small hands and make the perfect afterschool snack or to serve for the holidays. Feel free to choose your favorite apples to make this delicious treat.
- Granny Smith Apples
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (divided)
- Chewy Caramel Squares
- Chocolate Chips
- Lollipop Sticks
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
- Apples – We recommend making this recipe with tart apples. Choose from Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Gala apples.
- Caramel – We melted caramel squares for this recipe, but you can also caramel sauce to top the apples. You can even melt peanut butter and drizzle over the top.
- Chocolate Chips – Feel free to use different types of chocolate chips. You can melt milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips.
- Toppings – Get creative and add your favorite toppings. Crush cookies, chopped candy bars, or holiday sprinkles. We love to make these for Halloween and add black and orange sprinkles. Mini Marshmallows is also a delicious variation.
- Candy Melts – Candy melts come in a variety of colors and would be perfect for these apple slicing. If you are making these for a special occasion, change to the color of your theme.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Slice the apples in full slices (not wedges) that are approximately ¼ an inch slices thick.
Step 2 – Remove the seeds from the slices and pat the slices dry with paper towels.
Step 3 – Insert the lollipop stick into the bottom of the apple slices.
Step 4 – Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate chips are fully melted. Dip the apple slices on the stick into the melted chocolate until fully coated.
Step 5 – Gently remove excess to drip chocolate and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 6 – Place the caramel bits and water in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted. Then drizzle over chocolate dipped apple slices.
- Prepare Sheet Pan – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Then set pan aside.
- Allow to Set – Let the apple slices sit at room temperature until the chocolate and caramel have set. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Popsicle Stick – You can also use a popsicle stick to insert into the apple slices.
- Slicing Apples – Slice the apples about the same size. You can also cut the apples into wedges if you prefer.
- Melting Chocolate – Slowly melt the chocolate and caramel in 30 second intervals. This ensures that the chocolate or caramel does not burn. Make sure to stir after heating.
- Adding Toppings – We recommend adding the toppings immediately to ensure they stick to the chocolate drizzles.
- Preparing Apples – Make sure to dry the apples completely before dipping into the melted chocolate. This helps for the chocolate to stick to the apples.
How to Serve these Apples:
These easy caramel apple slices are a fun fall treat and best served after preparing them. As the apples rest the texture may change as the apples are stored.
Serve these apples on a holiday platter. You can also place in a jar for a fun holiday centerpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store the leftover apples in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
The reason the caramel isn’t sticking to the apples, is because the apples have not been dried. Make sure to dry the apples with paper towels before dipping into the melted chocolate and caramel.
The best way to keep the apples from turning brown, is tossing with lemon juice after slicing.
These apple slicing can be made up to 2 days in advance. Make sure to keep them in the refrigerator until they are ready to serve. This helps to keep the fresh and from melting.
More Easy Apple Recipes:
If you make these caramel apple slices, make sure to leave a comment. We love hearing from you.
Caramel Apple Slices
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips divided
- 11 ounces Caramel Squares
- 2 teaspoons Water
- Toppings: Chocolate Chips M&Ms, Sprinkles, Nuts, etc.
- Lollipop Sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice the apples in full slices (not wedges) that are approximately ¼ an inch thick. Remove the seeds from the slices and pat the slices dry with paper towels.
- Insert the lollipop stick into the bottom of the apple slices.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Dip the apple slices into the melted chocolate until fully coated.
- Gently scrape off the excess chocolate and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue this process until all the apple slices are covered.
- Place the caramel squares and water in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Drizzle the caramel on top of the apple slices with a fork and immediately top with the toppings of your choice.
- Let the apple slices sit at room temperature until the chocolate and caramel have set. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe