This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Your family will be thrilled when you make this easy caramel apple ice cream – no ice cream machine needed! It is easy to make and tastes great, too!
When the weather starts turning warmer outside, I start thinking about what kind of yummy desserts I can make inside. There is nothing better on a hot day than to enjoy some fresh homemade ice cream! I have a fun new recipe to share with you today that would be perfect for one of those hot days – Caramel Apple Ice Cream.
No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream Recipe
Before you think that sounds too complicated, this recipe only takes 4 ingredients! It really is very easy to make.
One of the things I really love about this recipe is that it doesn’t require an ice cream maker! While I like kitchen gadgets as much as the next person, I also don’t like spending money on something when I don’t need to!
The hardest thing about this easy ice cream recipe is deciding how to serve it. We like to serve our ice cream in mason jars or coffee cups, because I can buy enough for my family and not have it cost me too much. I have had my eye on some cute ramekins that would be fun to use when we have people over.
Now if you’re worried you can’t make this caramel apple ice cream because you don’t have an ice cream machine, don’t worry! You don’t need one. I’m telling you, all you need is 4 ingredients – no ice cream machine. Let’s get started.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Apple Pie Filling
- Caramel Topping/Sauce
- Apple Pie Spice
How to make Caramel Apple Ice cream:
1. First you need to chop the apple pieces from the apple pie filling into smaller pieces. Set them aside when you’re finished. If you do not want to use canned apple pie filling, you can make your own. Simply peel and chop 2 medium sized apples. Mix together ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. In a skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in the apples and brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Cook the apples for about 10 minutes or until the apples are tender. Keep stirring them occasionally so that they do not burn. Remove from heat and allow the apple mixture to cool.
2. Next, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. I used a hand held mixer for this step. Then gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk.
3. Once combined, spread about ⅓ of the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Pour the caramel over the ice cream and spoon about ½ of the apple filling evenly over the caramel.
4. Then spread another ⅓ of ice cream mix into your loaf pan. Spoon the rest of the apple filling over ice cream.
5. Once you’ve added all of the apple pie filling, add the rest ice cream mix into loaf pan. Run a spatula or butter knife back and forth through the pan to swirl the fillings.
6. Lastly, freeze for at least 3-5 hours in the freezer. I’ve found that if I use a deep freeze it usually firms up faster. Once it’s frozen, use an ice cream scoop and serve! You can garnish the top with a sprinkle of apple pie spice, caramel sauce and whipped cream for extra flair! Store any leftover ice cream in a large bowl that is freezer safe.
I told you this recipe was easy! You can’t beat 4 ingredients for a delicious homemade caramel apple ice cream. If you ask me, this no churn recipe beats churned ice cream any day!
Print your Caramel Apple Ice Cream recipe below:
Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 21 oz Apple Pie Filling
- 5 oz Caramel Topping/Sauce
- Chop apple pieces from apple pie filling into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream until peaks form. Gently fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread about ⅓ of the ice cream mix into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Pour caramel over ice cream. Spoon about ½ of apple filling evenly over the caramel.
- Spread another ⅓ of ice cream mix into your loaf pan. Spoon the rest of the apple filling over ice cream. Put the rest ice cream mix into loaf pan.
- Run a spatula or butter knife back and forth through the pan to swirl the fillings.
- Freeze for at least 3-5 hours.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other delicious recipes:
- 15 Creative Caramel Apple Recipes
- Easy Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping
- Orange Soda Cupcakes
- Easy Fried Apples
More homemade ice cream recipes:
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fruit Ice Cream Recipe
- Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe
- Fried Ice Cream