This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn the secrets to make deep fried ice cream at home. Delicious ice cream, crispy coating and your favorite toppings make this amazing.
Deep fried ice cream
Enjoy this easy restaurant style fried ice cream at home for a fraction of the menu price. My kids always want to order this and it adds up when you have a big family. Plus, it is so convenient being able to make this anytime the craving strikes.
The secret is the crispy cereal coating which makes each bite delicious. We used corn flakes but you can try cinnamon toast crunch for extra cinnamon flavor. I can’t wait for you to try this. It is the best dessert.
Once the kids find out you can make this at home, they are going to be so excited! This is such a great example of getting to enjoy your favorite things at home. Plus, you will create lasting memories of making and eating this together as a family.
Let’s get started!
Your kids will definitely think you are the best once you make this at home!
- vanilla ice cream
- corn flakes cereal – You can use any cereal you prefer. Also try: frosted flakes and cinnamon toast crunch. We have even used fruity pebbles and cocoa pebbles for something different.
- unsalted butter
- ground cinnamon
- Toppings, optional
- Whipped cream
- Hot fudge or chocolate topping. Caramel is good too!
- Maraschino cherries
How to make fried ice cream:
First step- The ice cream needs to soften so go ahead and take this out of the freezer. Usually 30 minutes is all it takes.
Second, get the baking sheet ready that will fit in your freezer. Line it with parchment paper to make cleanup easy. You will thank me later so don’t skip this step.
Next, put the corn flakes in a large ziplock bag to crush with a rolling pin. You can also use a food processor if you have one. Either will work fine. You just want the corn flakes into fine crumbs.
Place the cornflake crumbs in a bowl and add the cinnamon. Stir to combine.
Melt the butter in a skillet. Stir in the crushed cereal and cook until golden brown. This only takes a couple of minutes. Make sure to watch this closely because you do not want the mixture to burn.
Add this mixture to a large bowl and let cool.
By now the ice cream should be ready to scoop. Use your ice cream scooper to scoop this and your hands to form into balls. Place on the baking sheet you got out earlier.
Each ice cream ball needs to be rolled and coated in the cereal mixture. Gently press the corn flake coating into the ice cream as you roll and place on the baking sheet.
Put the baking sheet in the freezer until ready to serve.
Yum! It doesn’t get any better than this. It is one of our favorite desserts.
Make this recipe today and enjoy fried ice cream at home. The corn flake mixture makes this taste so authentic and delicious. It is crispy and the best comfort food.
Give this a try and let us know how it turns out for you. It is so easy and a really fun treat to make at home!
Print this fried ice cream recipe:
Fried Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Toppings optional
- Whip cream or whipped topping thawed
- Hot fudge or chocolate topping
- Maraschino cherries
- Set ice cream out to soften about 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet, that will fit in freezer, with parchment paper
- Add corn flakes to a large resealable bag to crush or use a food processor
- Use a rolling pin to crush cereal into fine crumbs
- Add crumbs and cinnamon to medium bowl and stir to combine
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat
- Stir in crushed cereal and cinnamon and cook until golden brown and fragrant about 2-3 minutes. Watch closely so the mixture doesn’t burn
- Remove from heat and add to large bowl, allow to cool
- Scoop ice cream with a scoop, form into balls with your hands and place on prepared baking sheet
- Roll ice cream balls in cereal mixture, press into ice cream slightly and return to baking sheet
- Return to freezer until ready to serve
- To serve, add whip cream, chocolate, and cherry, if desired
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy ice cream recipes:
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- How to Make Homemade Ice Cream – Without the Machine
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcake
- Easy Ice Cream Sundae Bar