This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Dessert is even easier when you make this easy Crockpot Apple Dump Cake Recipe for the perfect fall dessert. The slow cooker does all the work and you can enjoy warm apple cake topped with ice cream.
Crockpot Apple Dump Cake Recipe:
This recipe is so delicious and one of our favorites. It will remind you of the apple cobblers your Grandma used to make but without all the work. It is so sweet and amazing for the best dessert any day of the week.
If you loved our Easy Chocolate Crock Pot Lava Cake, you will love how simple this new recipe is. Making this apple dump cake recipe in the slow cooker, allows you to let the crock pot do all the work.
Easy apple dump cake is the perfect dessert for all your holiday plans. The great thing about this recipe is that is smells and taste like you spent all day on it. Make this easy dump cake recipe and top with vanilla ice cream for a rich and decadent dessert.
What is a Dump Cake?
Dump Cakes are the best cakes to make. You dump everything into the crock pot. The dump cake in the crockpot cooks perfect on high with easy ingredients.
Some cakes are topped with fruit, others are topped with butter. I love that you layer the 4 ingredients and it comes out to an amazing dessert without a lot of work.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake:
- Apple Pie Filling
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Butter, melted
- Pecans, chopped
With just a few simple ingredients, this dessert comes together quickly and easily for the best apple cobbler.
How to Make Apple Dump Cake in the slow cooker:
- Step 1 – Place Apple Filling in Slow Cooker – First, put the apple pie filling in the crock pot.
- Step 2 – Mix Ingredients – Next, mix together the dry cake mix, cinnamon, pecans and melted butter over top.
- Step 3 – Top over Apple Pie Filing – Crumble this mixture over the apple pie filling.
- Step 4 – Cook on High – Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm with ice cream.
Crock Pot Apple Pie Dump Cake Toppings:
We love to serve this delicious dessert with many different toppings. These are some of our favorites.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Try different ice cream flavors. Butter Pecan is delicious!
- Whipped cream
- Drizzle Caramel sauce on top.
- Top with Pecans or walnuts.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon when serving.
My favorite is a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce.
Apple Pie Dump Cake Tips:
- Cooking time – Crock pots can vary and the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Remove the lid – If the top is not getting crispy, remove the lid in the last few minutes of cooking. This will help to remove any moisture that has formed.
- Crockpot liners – Line the slow cooker with a liner to make clean up easy. This is such a time saver and very convenient. If you do not have any, make sure to spray the crock with cooking spray.
- Change Cake Flavors – Try spiced cake mix instead of yellow cake mix. Crockpot apple dump cake with spice cake mix is amazing. White Cake mix is another good substitute.
- Pie Fillings – Use other pie fillings such as cherry pie filling, blackberry, strawberry, blueberry and more. The ideas are endless.
- Make in a Baking Dish – You can easily make this dessert recipe in a baking dish.
- Fresh Apples – This recipe can be made with fresh apples, you may just need to cook it a little longer.
How to Store:
Store any leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, we like to heat for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Then top with ice cream for an amazing dessert.
Why you Should try this Dump Cake?
We love recipes that require only a few ingredients and this is one of them. It is easy to stock your pantry with these easy ingredients for a last minute gathering at your house.
It taste amazing and even better topped with vanilla ice cream. The crispy texture and the soft apples makes this dessert recipe so delicious. You only need a few ingredients and the slow cooker does all the work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Use a gluten free cake mix to make this gluten free. It is still so easy and the entire family can enjoy this tasty recipe.
Yes, you can use different types of cake mix. That is why I love this recipe so much because of the variations.
Yes, if you prefer you can bake this apple dump cake. Layer the ingredients in a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake until the top is golden brown. It should be ready in about 45 minutes.
Print Crock Pot Apple Pie Dump Cake Recipe:
Crock pot Apple Dump Cake
- In a 6 quart crockpot dump the 2 cans of apple pie filling.
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix, cinnamon, pecans, and melted butter.
- Crumble the cake mix over the apple pie filling.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crockpot Desserts:
- Easy Chocolate Crock Pot Lava Cake
- Slow Cooker Caramel Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Brownie Crockpot Dump Cake
- Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake
Try these Apples Desserts:
- Apple Crisp Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Recipe
- Baked Apple Chips Recipe
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
- Easy Caramel Apple Nachos Recipe