Oh my! This Crockpot Lava Cake Recipe is out of this world! The chocolate is so decadent. The lava topping is amazing with chocolate chips and chocolate pudding. Top it all off with vanilla ice cream and it is SO delicious!
Crockpot lava cake recipe
If you are looking for a dessert that is simple and easy but tastes amazing, Crockpot Lava Cake Recipe is the dessert to try. It comes together so quickly in the crockpot. You just dump it all in and let the slow cooker do the work. It’s packed with lots of yummy chocolate. The topping is ooey and gooey and can’t be beat! We love to make this Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and put a scoop on top of this lava cake. The dessert reminds me of hot fudge cake. Yum! The ice cream melts on top and just gets all mixed in. It is amazing!
The Ninja Crock Pot is perfect to make Crockpot lava cake.
If you don’t have a Ninja cooker yet, it’s so handy! Not only does it make amazing cakes like this one but it also is so useful for other recipes. I love it because it’s so versatile. You can brown meat in the same slow cooker. It is nice to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
You can also use a crock pot. If you need a crockpot or maybe just want a new one, I love this crockpot. IThere are several others on sale here. They also have programmable crock pots and that is great for when you are not at home.
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are so nice and make easy recipes even more simple.
Let’s make Crockpot Molten Lava Cake!
Ingredients for the Chocolate Lava Crockpot Cake:
- 1 box of Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake mix (I used betty crocker)
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for the lava topping:
- 1 box of Instant chocolate pudding mix (4 oz)
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips, 12 oz
How to make Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake:
You’ll know when it is done when the outsides and top set up like a sponge- the middle will be gooey. When cake is set, serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Serves 12. Enjoy!
Notes: Your cook time will vary based on the size and shape of your slow cooker. For instance, original recipe said 2.5 hours on low with a wider slow cooker, but if you have a taller slow cooker, it may take longer. When cooking on high, be sure to watch the cake so it doesn’t burn. It will not take 2 hours to cook on high.
Slow Cooker Desserts are so easy and delicious!
This dessert does not disappoint. It’s perfect for entertaining so that you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests. Another yummy slow cooker recipe is Slow Cooker Caramel Cake. So good! Easy cake recipes are the best.
Print this Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake recipe below:
Easy Chocolate Crock Pot Lava Cake Recipe
- Ingredients for the Chocolate Lava Crockpot Cake:
- 1 box of Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake mix (I used Betty crocker)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Ingredients for the lava topping:
- 1 box of Instant chocolate pudding mix 4 oz
- 2 cups milk
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips 12 oz
- Beat together cake mix, oil, eggs, and milk with an electric mixer for a few minutes until batter is smooth.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray so the cake won’t stick.
- Pour cake mixture into the slow cooker and smooth over the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the 2 cups milk and pudding and pour over the top. Do not stir.
- Then sprinkle chocolate chips over top without stirring.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 and ½ hours.
- You’ll know when it is done when the outsides and top set up like a sponge- the middle will be gooey. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Serves 12. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake is so good!
The topping tastes like chocolate fudge. Yum! Chocolate Lava Cakes Recipes are so ooey, gooey and delicious! Let us know how you enjoy this dessert. It is one of our favorites. The ice cream on top just takes it to an entirely new level. It’s hard to believe the slow cooker did all the work! It’s so simple and easy. You will love it and the entire family will ask for it over and over!
Dessert is even easier when you make this easy Crockpot Apple Dump Cake Recipe for the perfect fall dessert.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will love this Homemade Cherry Pie Filling that is super easy to make.
Once you try this Homemade Whipped Cream, you will never go back to buying store bought whipped cream.
Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe only calls for 4 simple ingredients making it super easy to enjoy dessert anytime a craving hits.
Crock pot peach dump cake is decadent and tasty for the perfect dessert without any work.