Slow cooker better than sex cake is so luscious and really easy in the crock pot. Delicious layers of decadent cake, chocolate, caramel and more make this oh so amazing.
You will love slow cooker better than sex cake!
If you love the traditional recipe, this crock pot version is a game changer! You can literally set it and forget it. The slow cooker does all of the work for the best dessert.
It is just so sweet and decadent. The recipe combines so many delicious ingredients that you are going to go crazy over this cake.
Each bite is so amazing and you won’t be able to get enough. I bet this will quickly become your new favorite crock pot cake!
Anytime I make this, everyone asks for the recipe. It is always a crowd pleaser!
- Devil’s Food Chocolate cake mix – plus ingredients listed on the box
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- sweetened condensed milk – Try our homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Chocolate Chips.
- caramel sauce
- Cool Whip
- chopped Heath bars
How to make Slow cooker better than sex cake:
First, get out a large mixing bowl. Add the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and ½ of the sweetened condensed milk together. Make sure everything is well combined.
Second, spray a crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray. You can also use crockpot liners if you prefer. It really helps with cleanup.
Next, pour the batter into the crock pot. Once all of the batter is in the crock pot, top with the chocolate chips.
Let this cook for 2 to 3 hours on high. I would check the cake after 2 hours since cooking times vary with each crock pot.
As soon as the cake has finished baking, poke holes all over the cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon. Make sure to poke holes all over so the liquid you will pour will get into every bite of cake.
Now, pour the remaining sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake. Spread it out so it can soak into the cake.
Pour the caramel sauce all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
Finally, remove the crock pot insert from the crock pot so that it can cool at room temperature. Once it is cool, move it to the refrigerator so it can chill for at least 30 minutes.
Top with the cool whip and chopped up heath bars. Enjoy! This cake is the best and super easy.
What crock pot should I use?
Any type of slow cooker will work. You can use a regular one and it will turn out amazing.
We have a casserole style crock pot and I like to use that sometimes. This style will provide a nice even layer more similar to traditional cakes that you would bake in a 9×13 pan.
How to store leftovers?
Leftovers should be stored in the fridge covered. You can either place the crock pot lid on it and store it that way. If you prefer, you can put in another container to store. Just make sure it has a lid.
I doubt you have any leftovers though. We usually don’t! Everyone loves this cake so much and it normally gets devoured quickly.
- Cake mix- You can substitute other types of cake mix for the Devil’s food cake mix. Try using chocolate or German chocolate cake mix. I think either of these would be yummy in this recipe.
- Candy- This is a great way to use leftover candy and you can use other types besides Heath. Try using Butterfinger, Reese’s Cups, snickers, Hershey bars and more. Any of these would be great on the cake.
- Ice cream- If you feeling decadent, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the cake when serving.
Print this recipe for crock pot better than sex cake:
Slow cooker better than sex cake
- Mix the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and ½ of the sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl.
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the crock pot and top with the chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check the cake after 2 hours as each crock pot cooks differently.
- When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
- Pour the remaining sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Remove the crock pot insert from the crock pot and allow to cool at room temperature and then move to the refrigerate to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with the cool whip and chopped up heath bars and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More slow cooker desserts:
- Crock pot Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake
- Easy Chocolate Crock Pot Lava Cake
- Slow Cooker Caramel Cake
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Brownie Crockpot Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
- Crockpot Peach Cobbler Recipe
Try these other chocolate dessert recipes:
- Easy to make Giant Cookie Recipe
- Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars