This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This made from scratch Peach Crumble is the perfect dessert to enjoy all year long. The crumble topping over slices peaches makes it a family favorite.
Easy Peach Crumble Recipe:
This homemade peach crumble dessert is made from scratch with simple ingredients. You will love that it starts with a layer of fresh peaches and topped with a homemade crumble topping.
This dessert is perfect served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream any day of the week. We love to make this dessert for friends and family because how quick and easy to make.
You will love the rich peach flavor and crumb topping. Feel free to substitute with canned peaches or frozen peaches. This peach crisp dessert is always a family favorite.
What is the difference between Peach Crisp and Peach Crumble?
The peach crisp recipe and peach crumble are very similar. They are both a baked fruit dessert with a crumble topping. The main different is that a crisp may have oats in the topping but a crumble does not.
A peach crumble is very similar to a peach cobbler.
For the Peach Filling:
- Large Ripe Peaches
- Lemon, juiced
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
For the Topping:
- All Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Butter (melted)
How to Make Peach Crumble:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then spray an 8X8 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Peach Filling – In a large bowl, gently stir together the peach filling ingredients. Pour this mixture into the baking dish.
- Step 3 – Wisk Dry Ingredients – In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix in cinnamon and salt for the topping.
- Step 4 – Pour Melted Butter – Slowly pour in the melted butter and stir until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Step 5 – Sprinkle on Top – Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the peach filling in the baking pan.
- Step 6 – Bake Crumble – Bake for 40-50 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove and let sit for 20 minutes. Serve as is or with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy.
How to Serve Peach Crumble:
This delicious dessert can be served all year long. Whether you are enjoying it with fresh peaches or frozen peaches you can still enjoy with one of these toppings.
You can even serve it with nothing on top.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – My favorite way to serve this dessert is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle Sauce – Feel free to drizzle caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or butterscotch sauce over the top when serving.
- Whipped Cream – This peach crumble is amazing topped with whipped cream or cool whip.
- Baking Dish – Make sure to spray baking dish with cooking spray. This helps for an easy clean up and serving.
- Combine Peach Filling – Gently combine the peach filling ingredients so you do not break up the peaches. There is no need to peel the peaches before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Topping the Peach Filling – Once combining the crumbling topping ingredients, spread it evenly over the top of the peaches. You want to make sure it is completely covered.
- Baking – Bake the peach crumble until it is golden brown. Cooking time may vary. Once the peach crumble is baked allow it to rest for about 20 minutes or room temperature before serving.
Can I Use Frozen Peaches?
You can make this with frozen peaches. If you use frozen, make sure to let them thaw slightly before mixing them with the other filling ingredients.
- Topping – We love the crumble topping that is baked over the peaches. But you can also use biscuits or a pie crust.
- Fruit Variation – If you want to add or change the fruit, feel free to make substitutions. You can easily add in blueberries, strawberry, or raspberries. Sliced peaches pair well with these options.
- Flavor – If you prefer a hint of flavor, mix in lemon juice or lemon zest for delicious flavor.
- Canned Peaches – If using canned peaches, we suggest using peaches canned in water. Peaches in syrup have extra sweetness. Reduce the sugar in the recipe if you use canned peaches.
- Spices – Feel free to change the spices and add in pumpkin pie spice. If you want more cinnamon flavor increase the amount you add in.
Can you Freeze Peach Crumble?
If you want to plan ahead and freeze peach crumble, we recommend preparing the peach filling ingredients and freezing. This way you can easily freeze and then make your crumble topping.
Place the peach filling ingredients in a freezer safe container and store for about 3 months. When ready to make, thaw the peaches and then prepare the crumble as the recipe indicates.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. You can even leave your peach crumble in the baking dish and cover with plastic wrap.
Double the recipe and make in a 9×13 pan if you prefer.
Print Recipe for Peach Crumble:
For the Peach Filling:
- 5-6 Large Ripe Peaches
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8X8 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the peach filling ingredients. Pour this mixture into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sugar cinnamon and salt for the topping.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter and stir until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the peach filling in the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove and let sit for 20 minutes. Serve as is or with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe