This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Baked Apples is the perfect Fall dessert. It is loaded with walnut mixture and baked to perfection. Top with ice cream for the ultimate dessert.
Easy Baked Apples Recipe:
Baked apple slices is a delicious fall dessert. If you are needing a delicious dessert to serve that is easy to make, prepare these baked apples.
These apples are loaded with amazing flavors and taste just like fall in a bowl. Apples are cored and then filled with a brown sugar, walnut mixture to make the best comfort food.
If you looking for a dessert with warm spices and smells amazing, make this dessert. We love even more with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
What is the Best Apples to Use?
There are many different apples that you can use for this recipe.
- Granny Smith
- Pink Lady Apples
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Gala Apples
- Apple Crisp
- Large Red Apples
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granny Smith Apples
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Walnuts (finely chopped)
- Ice Cream (for serving)
How to Make Baked Apples:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Core Apple – Use a paring knife or apple corer to remove the core from the apple. Create a hole for the filling in each of the apples.
- Step 3 – Combine Filling Ingredients – In a medium size bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter until well combined. Then add in the walnuts.
- Step 4 – Spoon Mixture – Spoon the filling mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Step 5 – Place Apples – Place the apples in a baking dish. Pour the water into the bottom of the pan around the apples.
- Step 6 – Bake Apples – Bake for 40-45 minutes until the apples are soft and tender but not mushy.
- Step 7 – Cool – Let the baked apples cool slightly before serving.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with the sauce dripping from the bottom of the baking pan and ice cream. Enjoy!
Baked Apples Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Oven – Make sure to preheat the oven before placing apples in. This helps to cook apples evenly.
- Core Apples – Cut out the center of the apple using a small paring knife or apple corer. Be very careful that you do not go all the way to the bottom. This will cause the filling to leak out and not be as pretty.
- Baking Apples – You want to bake the apples long enough so they are soft. You do not want them to be mushy.
- Serving Apples – Place the baked apples in a small bowl and top with ice cream and caramel sauce.
How Long do you Bake the Apples:
These are baked for about 45 minutes. Watch the apples closely so they do not get mushy. Baked apples make a delicious dessert but you can also serve as a side dish.
We love to make them for the holidays or during the colder months. They are delicious served with baked chicken or baked pork chops.
- Change Nuts – We used walnuts in this recipe, but feel free to other nuts. You can use pecans or slice almonds.
- Add ins – Feel free to add in other ingredients to the baked apples. You can add in raisins, dried cranberries, and lemon juice.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add more warm spices to this recipe. You can add in apple pie spice, nutmeg, and more.
How to Make Baked Apples in the Microwave:
You can easily make this baked apples in the microwave if you are short on time. Prepare the apples as directed and cook in a microwave safe dish.
Bake the apples for about 5 minutes and then check the apples texture. Place back in the microwave and cook for additional 5 minutes.
Continue cooking until the apples are soft and tender.
Do you have to peel apples to bake?
For this recipe, there is no need to peel the apples before baking the apples. We like to keep the peel on the apples for texture and flavor.
Baked Apple Topping Ideas:
There is nothing better than topping these baked apples with your favorite toppings. It adds additional sweetness and the perfect tart flavor.
These are some of our favorites:
- Vanilla Ice Cream – We love vanilla ice cream, butter pecan and caramel swirl on top of the apples. It is the perfect treat for any occasion.
- Caramel Syrup – Drizzle caramel sauce on top of each serving. It is so decadent. You can use store bought or homemade caramel sauce.
- Whipped Cream – Dollop whipped cream on the apples. We love this easy homemade whipped cream.
- Chopped Nuts – Sprinkle nuts on top when serving. Some ideas include chopped pecans, peanuts, walnuts or anything you love.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. This apple dessert is best served within a few days. The apples can get soggy when placed in the refrigerator.
Print Recipe for Baked Apples:
- 6 Large Red Apples
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/3 cup Walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- Ice Cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a paring knife or apple corer to remove the core from the apple and create a hole for the filling in each of the apples.
- În a medium size bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter until well combined. Then add in the walnuts.
- Spoon the filling mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Place the apples in a baking dish and pour the water into the bottom of the pan around the apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the apples are soft and tender but not mushy.
- Let cool slightly.
- Serve topped with the sauce dripping from the bottom of the baking pan and ice cream. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe