Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers combines the sweet and salty flavors of chocolate and peanut butter. Easy to make with only 3 Ingredients.
Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers Recipe:
Chocolate Covered Ritz is the best no bake dessert. It only requires 3 ingredients and can easily be made for a quick holiday dessert. We love the combination of chocolate and peanut with an extra crunch from the crackers.
These Chocolate Covered Ritz are always a crowd pleaser. You can easily make them for any occasions or holiday event. Add sprinkles to give it a fun and festive look.
I love that the kids can help spread the peanut butter and dip in the chocolate. I usually get an assembly line going to make this easy dessert. If you are looking for a delicious treat to make, this is our go-to dessert.
How do you Dip Ritz Crackers in Chocolate?
Once you have spread the peanut butter on one cracker, top with another to sandwich the peanut butter. Simply stick a fork in the peanut butter and dip in the melted chocolate.
Once you have your ritz crackers are covered with chocolate then gently shake off an excessive chocolate. Place the chocolate covered ritz on a baking sheet line with parchment paper for the chocolate to harden.
- Ritz crackers
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Milk Chocolate
How to Make Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers:
- Add Peanut Butter to Crackers – Spread Peanut butter onto the tops of 12 crackers, you can make it as thick as you would like.
- Top with another cracker – Place the rest of the crackers on top of the peanut butter and sandwich them together.
- Melt Chocolate – Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, use a fork to dip the peanut butter cracker sandwich into the chocolate to coat.
- Gently Shake Crackers – Shake off any excess and place onto a lined baking sheet with wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Let chocolate harden at room temperature. It takes about 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then they are ready to enjoy!
- Change the Filling – Instead of creamy peanut butter, use almond butter, crunchy peanut butter, Nutella or a chocolate spread.
- Add Sprinkles – Add sprinkles for the holiday that you are celebrating.
- Change the Chocolate – Use a dark chocolate or a white chocolate to covered the ritz crackers.
- Candy Melts – Instead of melting chocolate chips, you can use candy melts or almond bark. You can also add food coloring to change the colors.
- Sea Salt – Top the chocolate covered ritz with sea salt.
- Drizzle – Drizzle the tops of the chocolate ritz cracker with white chocolate to give a fun design. You can also drizzle with caramel sauce
- Half Dipped – If you don’t want to dip the entire cracker in the chocolate, then only dip half the cracker in the chocolate.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Covered Ritz?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate peanut butter ritz. Make sure you the chocolate is set before storing in an air tight freezer safe container. Line the chocolate covered ritz in the container separating the rows by wax paper.
This ensures that the chocolate covered ritz do not stick together. Once you are ready to serve bring them to room temperature.
Chocolate Covered Ritz Tips:
- Set Faster – Put the ritz crackers in the fridge on a baking sheet to help them set faster.
- Melt Chocolate – When melting chocolate, heat in 30 second intervals so you do not burn the chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Put as much peanut butter your crackers that you want.
How to Store:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 1-2 weeks.
Holiday No Bake Dessert:
We love making desserts during the holidays. Because we have a large family, I need to find desserts that are budget friendly and don’t take a lot of time to make. We can change the ingredients to what we have on hand.
This Chocolate Covered Ritz combines the sweet, salt, and crunchy flavor that are always a crowd pleaser. They are the perfect snack or dessert for any type of gathering. Add some sprinkles or sea salt and they are the best treat.
Print Recipe here for Chocolate Covered Ritz:
Chocolate Covered Ritz
- 24 Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- Spread Peanut butter onto the tops of 12 crackers, you can make it as thick as you would like.
- Place the rest of the crackers on top of the peanut butter and sandwich them together.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, use a fork to dip the peanut butter cracker sandwich into the chocolate to coat.
- Shake off any excess and place onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Let chocolate harden at room temperature.
- Then they are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe