This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread is loaded with flavor and perfect to serve this Christmas. Serve with a side of pizza sauce for a crowd pleasing appetizer.
With my large family, I always host our holiday meals. This pull apart Christmas tree garlic bread recipe is perfect for our Christmas meal. We like to serve as a appetizer but it can easily be served as a main dish with your favorite side dish.
Easy Christmas Recipes saves me time and my budget when planning our holiday menu. If you love this pull-apart bread, check out this recipes – Garlic Bread Cheese Stick Recipe or Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Stick Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Recipe:
This recipe is made with simple ingredients and can be seasoned with many different ingredients. We love the Christmas Tree Shape bread to serve for all of our holiday plans.
It makes the perfect holiday appetizer and the flavor is amazing. The soft texture and the cheesy center makes this bread taste amazing.
- Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- Large Biscuits (16 ounces – 8 count)
- Butter (melted)
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Grated Parmesan
- Marinara Sauce (for serving)
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card to see the recipe ingredients and recipe.
- Biscuit Dough – The biscuit dough is a great option. But you can also use pizza dough to make this Christmas bread.
- Herbs – Feel free to use fresh herbs or change the seasoning to what you prefer. We have even used red pepper flakes to add in extra kick to the taste.
- Cheese – We used string cheese in this recipe, but it also works great with shredded mozzarella cheese. Colby Monterey Jack Cheese or cheddar cheese is also a great addition to the flavor.
- Dipping Sauce – We served with marinara sauce, but we also think ranch dressing or pizza sauce.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Cut the cheese sticks into 4 pieces each (32 pieces total).
Step 2 – Open the can of biscuits and cut each biscuit each 4 pieces each with a pizza cutter (making 32 pieces total). Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
Step 3 – Press a piece of the cheese into the center of each ball of dough. Then make sure that the cheese is completely covered with the dough.
Step 4 – Then place the dough balls on the baking sheet, seam side down, next to each other in the shape of a Christmas tree.
Step 5 – In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Make sure garlic butter mixture is completely combined.
Step 6 – Brush this melted butter mixture over the biscuits on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown. Top with the fresh parsley and grated Parmesan Cheese and serve.
- Baking Sheet – Prepare the large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up. Pre heat oven before placing bread into the oven.
- Dough – When preparing the dough with the cheese sticks, make sure to cover completely. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet ball seam-side down.
- Serving – Serve the bread on a Christmas platter for a fun and festive look.
- Cooking time – Cooking time will vary. It may take up to 20 minutes to make the holiday season. Baking until golden brown and cheese melted.
How to Make the Tree Shape Bread:
To make the tree shape, start with a row of 7 biscuit balls. Then top with a layer of 6, then 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.
Use the remaining 4 biscuit balls to form a Christmas tree stump at the bottom of the tree.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover Christmas tree pull apart bread recipe in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Christmas Bread Recipes:
If you make this pull apart Christmas tree bread, make sure to leave a comment or a star review.
Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cheese sticks into 4 pieces each (32 pieces total).
- Open the can of biscuits and cut each biscuit each 4 pieces each with a pizza cutter (making 32 pieces total). Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
- Press a piece of the cheese into the center of each ball of dough and make sure that the cheese is completely covered with the dough.
- Then place the dough balls on the baking sheet, seam side down, next to each other in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush this mixture over the biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with the fresh parsley and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve with the marinara sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe