This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy all the flavors of chicken curry when you make this Crock Pot Chicken Curry Rice Bowls. Toss everything into the slow cooker in the morning and come home to dinner ready to enjoy. The chicken is tender and so flavorful that you will never miss take out.
Crockpot Curry Chicken Rice Bowl:
If you enjoy curry flavored dishes as much as we do, you are going to love this new recipe for Chicken Curry Rice Bowl. It is super easy and so amazing.
We are big fans of rice bowl recipes because everything you need for a great meal goes in the crock pot. This means less cleanup and less stress at dinner time. You can literally come home to a hearty meal ready to enjoy.
The coconut milk blends with the curry dishes and other ingredients to make the best sauce and it is so tasty over rice. If you have an Instant pot, you might want to try Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe.
What is Curry Chicken?
Chicken is a dish originating from Indian. It is flavored with yellow curry powder that has a creamy stew sauce that is loaded with seasoning. Coconut Milk is added for the rich and creamy flavor to balance out the seasoning.
Ingredients for Chicken Curry Rice Recipe:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Can of Corn
- Ground Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- Yellow Curry Powder
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- Dried Basil
- Chicken Broth
- Coconut Milk
How to make Chicken Curry in a Crockpot:
- Add Chicken to slow cooker – First, place the diced chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add Ingredients to Crockpot – Next, place the red pepper, green pepper, corn, ginger, garlic, yellow curry powder, thai red curry paste, basil, salt and chicken broth in the crock pot on top of the chicken.
- Cook in the crockpot – Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Mix in coconut milk – Add the coconut milk to the crock pot for the last 30 minutes of the cook time.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve the slow cooked chicken curry sauce over the cooked rice. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Chicken Curry:
- White Rice – This recipe is delicious served with white rice. You can learn how to freeze rice and you can make this meal even easier. I love to grab the rice from the freezer in the morning and when we come home it is all ready to reheat and serve.
- Microwave Brown Rice – We love serving this meal with brown rice. It adds to the flavor and the whole grain ingredients soaks up the yummy sauce.
- Quinoa – Is also a good healthy option to serve the chicken curry over. This keeps the recipe gluten free and it is loaded with healthy benefits.
- Cauliflower Rice – For another low carb option, make Cauliflower Rice.
- Asparagus – This meal is also good with asparagus. This oven roasted asparagus is a family favorite and it is very simple and quick to make.
However, this dish has lots of veggies so truly you can just serve it just with rice. We love basmati rice.
- Add Sweet Potatoes – For adding flavor, mix in some sweet potatoes to the mix.
- Low Carb – If you are wanting to do a low carb option, omit the rice or use cauliflower rice.
- Chicken Stock – Use chicken stock instead chicken broth.
- Change Chicken Type – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also use chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
- Add in Other Vegetables – This recipe is great with many different recipes. Use what you have.
- Fresh Lime Juice – Add in fresh lime juice for flavor, brightness and balance.
Crockpot Chicken Curry Rice Bowl Tips:
- Stove Top Option – If you prefer, you can make this dish on the stove top. This would be a great option if you had cooked chicken that you needed to use.
- Spicy Chicken Curry – You can add spice to this recipe. Mix in jalapeno, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper.
- Instant Pot – This recipe can be cooked in the Instant Pot for a quick weeknight dinner idea.
Secrets to Good Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe:
This recipe is easy to make. We really enjoy this curry chicken because it is a different way to enjoy chicken but having a lot of flavor.
- Coconut Milk – Make sure to get the Full Fat Coconut Milk. Add coconut milk towards the end of cooking time so that it doesn’t curdle and separate from the other ingredients. Coconut Milk really helps for the chicken curry to be creamy.
- Chicken Broth – Use Chicken Broth for added flavor.
- Fresh Spices – When preparing this recipe, make sure that you are using fresh spices. If the spices are a few years old, make sure to replace with fresh spices.
- Curry Powder – Use good quality curry powder.
How to Store:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chicken curry will last up to 4 days if store properly. We like to store the rice and the chicken curry ingredients separately.
Chicken Curry taste great leftover as the ingredients really marinate together overnight.
How to Freeze:
If you want to freeze chicken curry, make sure to store in a freezer safe container once it has reached room temperature. Freeze only the chicken curry that has not been mixed with rice. We do not recommend freezing chicken curry with rice.
We like to double the recipe to freeze for later.
How to Reheat:
When you are ready to serve, place frozen chicken curry in the refrigerator overnight. Make you rice or cauliflower rice and heat your thawed chicken curry in the microwave or stovetop.
Print Recipe here for Crockpot Curry Chicken and Rice:
Chicken Curry Rice Bowl
- 3 boneless skinless Chicken Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Can of Corn Drained
- 2 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoon Yellow Curry Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Cans of Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Rice Cooked
- Place the diced chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Place the red pepper, green pepper, corn, ginger, garlic, yellow curry powder, thai red curry paste, basil, salt and chicken broth in the crock pot on top of the chicken.
- Add the lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- Add the coconut milk to the crock pot for the last 30 minutes of the cook time.
- Serve the crock pot chicken curry mixture over the cooked rice. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe