This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Chicken and Zucchini Recipe is an easy slow cooker meal that is budget friendly and delicious. Give this healthy recipe a try for a dinner idea your family will go crazy about.
CrockPot Chicken and Zucchini Recipe:
This Crockpot Chicken and Zucchini Recipe is the perfect meal to sneak in extra veggies to your family. The ingredients are simple and the tomato sauce really brings this recipe together.
Now, I was hesitant at first about the zucchini and if my kids would actually like it. However, the delicious tomato sauce and hearty chicken blends perfectly with the zucchini to make a meal even your kids will gobble up.
Serve chicken and zucchini crock pot recipe over pasta and a side of garlic bread and you have a complete meal idea. This is the perfect weeknight meal that I know your family will love.
- Chicken Breasts
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
You can have a delicious dinner with just a few simple ingredients. I know your family will love this meal and it is not complicated at all.
This is budget friendly, delicious and so quick and simple to make.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken and Zucchini
- Step 1 – Add Ingredients to Slow Cooker – Adding chicken in your slow cooker. Add the onions and seasoning and that is really going to give the chicken such a great flavor.
- Step 2 – Top with Marinara – Put the marinara sauce on top and let cook all day on low.
- Step 3 – Slow Cook – Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 2.5-3.6 hours until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Step 4 – Add in Zucchini – Stir in the sliced zucchinis. Cover and cook on high for 60 minutes until the zucchinis are tender.
- Step 5 – Top with Cheese – Top the meal with the shredded parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low until the cheese is melted.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy.
What to Serve with Crockpot Chicken and Zucchini:
This slow cooker recipe is great to serve as is for a low carb option. But you can easily add in a few sides to complete the meal.
- Pasta – I like to serve with a side of rigatoni pasta to serve the chicken, tomato sauce and zucchini over the top.
- Garlic Bread – Garlic bread is a delicious side and this allows you to get every last drop of the delicious sauce.
- Cauliflower Rice – Make a side of cauliflower rice for an easy low carb option. This would even be delicious with white rice.
- Salad – Make a large salad for an easy light side that everyone will enjoy.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Seasoning – We used an Italian Seasoning blend but you can easily add in more onion powder, garlic powder or some soy sauce.
- Add in Vegetables – This recipe can be made with a variety of vegetables. Add in other vegetables such as broccoli or bell peppers. Feel free to use what vegetable you have on hand.
- Chicken – We used boneless skinless chicken breast but you can easily use chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
- Skillet – Make chicken and zucchini stir fry by cooking the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in olive oil then add in the sauce and zucchini and dinner is done in less than 30 minutes.
- Cooking Ingredients – Cook the chicken with the seasoning and marinara sauce on low. Then add in the zucchini in the last 60 minutes. This allows the chicken and ingredients to cook and the zucchini does not get mushy.
- Shredding Chicken – Once chicken is done cooking, place the cook chicken in a bowl and shred with two forks or a hand mixer. This is a quick way to shred the chicken.
- Adding Cheese – Feel free to top the chicken and zucchini mixture with cheese and allow it to melt in the slow cooker. You can also top each place with cheese.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This chicken and zucchini dish reheats easily in the microwave. It is even better the next day as the ingredients really marinate together.
Add a side of rice or noodles and store in an individual container for a quick lunch idea.
Can you Freeze Chicken and Zucchini Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze Chicken and Zucchini Recipe. You can either freeze the mixture prior to cooking or after it has been cooked. Place in a freezer safe container or freezer bag and place in the freezer.
If you freeze prior to cooking, I would not add in the zucchini until cookie day. The texture of the zucchini might change during the thawing process.
If stored properly the freezer meal will last about 4 months. When you are ready to serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in skillet or the microwave.
Print Slow Cooker Chicken and Zucchini Recipe:
Crock Pot Chicken and Zucchini
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a crock pot. Season it with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and minced garlic.
- Pour the marinara sauce on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 2.5-3.6 hours until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Stir in the sliced zucchinis. Cover and cook on high for 60 minutes until the zucchinis are tender.
- Top the meal with the shredded parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low until the cheese is melted.
- Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Chipotle Recipe
- Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe