Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the absolute best comfort food and it is so simple to make in the slow cooker. This recipe can feed a crowd and it is so easy on the budget while tasting incredible.
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
It doesn’t get any easier than this amazing Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. All the ingredients go into the slow cooker and that is really all the work there is!
Your crock pot does all the work and dinner will be ready and waiting.
You might also like this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. Yum!
Crock pot chicken tortilla soup is also budget friendly.
This recipe only calls for 2 chicken breasts. If you are looking to stretch your meat or feed a crowd, this is your recipe!
The chicken gets shredded with all the beans and tomatoes for a hearty and filling meal.
It is so easy to make, and very frugal friendly. This soup really stretches your chicken because you don’t need much and it is packed with protein from the beans.
Use items you have in your pantry to make this dish in minutes.
You need a crockpot for this easy chicken tortilla soup crock pot recipe.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
If you prefer the pressure cooker, try this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe.
Whatever you use, this Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe will be amazing.
This is our favorite slow cooker chicken tortilla soup.
Just toss everything in the crockpot and by evening your house will be filled with the delicious smell of Chicken tortilla soup! YUM!
Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup ingredients:
- boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (roasted tomatoes are also good
- Chicken Broth
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
How to make chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot:
- Toss everything in your crockpot (not including chips, cheese, and cilantro) in the morning. Cover and cook on low all day (6 to 8 hours). Once cooked, shred chicken and place back into the crockpot. Stir.
- To Serve, spoon into a bowl, top with crushed tortilla chips or add tortilla strips, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro if you have it. Make sure you let your kids do the chip crushing, because that is the best part with this dinner. My kids love it!
It’s really good with fresh lime juice squeezed on top.
OK, back to the recipe! This recipe is perfect for a chilly day, but to be honest, we like it anytime of the year.
Simple Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is so simple and very gentle on your wallet.
It is an easy way to save money. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla soup delish and easy.
We like to top ours with crushed up tortilla chips. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla soup is also good with tortilla strips made from corn tortillas.
Other ideas include:
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onion
- hot sauce
- fresh lime
And whatever you like! We have even used strips of corn tortillas. Use what you have!
You can try making Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup slow cooker recipe by adding cream cheese. Yum!
This is the best Chicken Tortilla soup!
Need a budget friendly soup to keep you warm this winter? Try our favorite Crock Pot Taco Rice Soup Recipe made from leftovers.
Your entire family is going to be impressed with this Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup slow cooker recipe.
Print this Easy Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe:
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 can black beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1 cup corn
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Tortilla Strips (optional for topping)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional for topping)
- Fresh cilantro (optional for topping)
- 1 Avocado (optional for topping)
- Place the chicken, tomatoes, beans, onions, corn, broth and seasonings in the crock pot. in the morning. Cook on low all day (6 to 8 hours). Once cooked, shred chicken and place back into the crockpot. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and serve topped with the tortilla strips, shredded cheese, avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe