This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Recipe is perfect for a pot luck dinner or summer barbecue. It tastes so good and is quick and easy to make which is why this is also a perfect weeknight meal during a busy week.
Barbeque Beef Crock Pot Recipe:
BBQ Beef in a Crock Pot is one of our favorite crock pot recipes. Slow cooking the roast all day makes the meat so tender and juicy. Adding the BBQ Sauce with the other simple ingredients makes this Barbeque Beef so flavorful.
This recipe is perfect for my busy family. I toss everything in the crock pot before we head out the door and dinner is done when we get home. We love making this one busy nights whenever everyone is eating at times.
There are so many great options when serving this meal and I know you’ll love it as much as I do.
Crock Pot Recommendation:
If you have been needing to get a new crock pot, we love the Instant Pot Aura. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
We use our crock pot all year long. It is great in the winter for all the soups and stews, but we use it still in the summer. This way dinner is done when we come from hanging out at the pool.
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- BBQ Sauce
How to Make Crock Pot BBQ Beef:
- Add Roast to Crock Pot – Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Season Roast – Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add BBQ Sauce and Broth – Top with half the bbq sauce and beef broth.
- Cook Ingredients – Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When ingredients are cook – Shred and stir to combine.
- Add more BBQ Sauce – Stir in about ½ of cup BBQ sauce to make the sauce thicker.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve on your favorite buns or Hawaiian rolls and enjoy.
What Cut of Meat do you use for BBQ Beef?
For this BBQ Shredded Beef Recipe, I usually use a chuck roast or a rump roast as these shred the best after being slow cooked in the crock pot all day long.
Also, you can use pork or chicken for this recipe if you prefer these over beef. I would adjust down the cooking time if chicken or pork are used instead of roast because a roast takes longer to cook in the slow cooker.
The sauce is simply amazing; therefore, I know it will taste great on whichever type of meat you decide to use.
What to Serve with Crock Pot BBQ Beef?
There are many different options to serve with this recipe.
- Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
- Pasta Salad or Macaroni Salad
- French Fries
How long to Cook Roast for BBQ Beef Sandwiches?
You will want to cook this slow cooker bbq beef on low in the slow cooker for 8-10 hours based on the size of the roast. If you have a larger roast, you’ll want to cook it for a longer time.
Most people think that if the roast is tough it’s over cooked but the opposite is actually true. A tough roast is generally just not done yet.
After your cooking time, if your roast is not easy to shred, put it back in the crock pot for a few more hours and I’m sure that it will shred in no time at all.
- Change the Meat – You can use different cuts of beef or try using chicken or pork. We usually use what we have.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce – Make your own BBQ Sauce with easy ingredients. It only requires a few ingredients including apple cider vinegar to make BBQ Sauce.
- Add different toppings – Top you BBQ Beef Sandwich with coleslaw, cheese, avocado or bacon.
- Use Different Seasoning – Add in some onion powder and garlic powder to enhance the flavor.
- Frozen Roast – If you forgot to thaw out your roast, no worries. You can still cook this recipe as is. I would just add a couple of hours of cooking time to the recipe.
- Serve over Rice – Instead of serving BBQ Beef as a sandwich, serve it over rice.
How to Store BBQ Beef?
Store you BBQ Beef in the refrigerator. The shredded BBQ Beef will last about 4 days if store properly. We think it taste better the next day as all the seasoning and BBQ sauce have really marinated the beef.
Can you Freeze BBQ Beef?
Freezer cooking is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen! Since I have a large family, I’m always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen and freezer cooking is a great way to help me spend less time cooking.
For this great recipe, I would double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for a future meal. The frozen leftovers can easily be heated up on the stovetop with some beef broth so my family can have a quick meal in a few weeks.
Can I Make BBQ Beef in advance?
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to be made in advance. Make the beef and store in the refrigerator. Go ahead and shred the beef and store in an air tight container.
Once you are ready to serve, place beef and the remainder ingredients in a crock pot and heat. It will take about at least 30 minutes for the beef to be reheated.
This is great meal to use your leftover roast with. We love meals that you can cook once and eat twice with.
BBQ Beef is a Crowd Pleaser:
We love making Shredded BBQ Beef when we have friends and family over. It is budget friendly and saves me time in the kitchen. Because we shred the meat and serve over sandwiches, it really stretches out the meat to feed a lot of people.
You will love how everything blends together to make such a delicious meal. The Worcestershire sauce makes the roast incredibly tender when it’s cooking all day. These ingredients are simple and easy to find but combined together they make a great shredded beef recipe.
If you prefer a more smoky flavor to your beef, I recommend adding 1 tsp of liquid smoke to the sauce ingredients to add a deeper smoky flavor.
Print this Crock Pot BBQ Beef Recipe below:
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Beef Recipe
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and worcerstershire sauce.
- Top with half the bbq sauce and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred and stir to combine.
- Stir in the other 1 cup bbq sauce.
- Serve on your favorite buns or Hawaiian rolls and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe