This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for the perfect game day dessert, make Football Brownies. These brownies are perfect your Super Bowl Party or any football party.
Easy Football Brownies Recipe:
My boys love watching football on TV. We are always hosting game day parties so I like to make fun and festive treat to serve. These Football Brownies are always a hit and even better they are easy to make.
We started by making brownies from scratch with an easy brownie recipe. But feel free to use a brownie mix. Once baked, but the brownies in a shape of a football and pipe the laces on the brownies.
Everyone will love the special touch of serving these brownies for the big game. Impress your guests this football season with these game day brownies.
For the Brownies:
- Brown Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Large Eggs
- Butter melted
- Vanilla Extract
- White Decorating Gel
How to Make Football Brownies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Make sure to spray side of pan.
- Step 2 – Combine Butter and sugars – In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the butter and eggs. Add in sugars and vanilla extract until they are well mixed.
- Step 3 – Stir Brownie Mix – Then slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flours, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Step 4 – Spread into Pan – Spread the batter into the 9X13 pan.
- Step 5 – Bake Brownies – Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake or the brownies will be dry.
- Step 6 – Cut Football Shape – Use a football shaped cookie cutter to cut out football shape.
- Step 7 – Draw Lines – Use the white decorating gel to place the football lines onto each brownie.
- Step 8 – Serve – Then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
Football Shaped Brownies Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Baking Dish – We recommend spraying the baking dish with cooking spray. You can also line with parchment paper to easily remove the entire batch of brownies from pan. This helps easily cut the brownies.
- Combining Ingredients – Add ingredients in bowl and stir but do not overmix. This could cause the brownies to be tough after baking them.
- Baking Brownies – Cooking time could vary when baking the brownies. Watch closely and use a toothpick to check to see if brownies have cooked. When it comes out clean the brownies have finished cooking.
- Serving – When I serve these, I like to display them on a baking sheet. That has been decorated with bed of green sprinkles. But you can serve how you prefer.
- Cool Completely – Make sure the brownies have cooled completely before adding frosting.
- Chocolate Chips – Feel free to add in chocolate chips to the brownies batter.
- Brownie Mix – We made brownies from scratch, but you can use box brownie mix.
- White Frosting – We used white decorating gel to add decorations to the brownies. You can also use white decorating icing or melted white chocolate or vanilla frosting.
How to Cut Brownies into Football Shape:
If you do not have a football shape cookie cutting, you can just cut the brownies into a square. You can also try a freehand cut the brownies with a knife.
The footballs do not have to be perfect. Adding the icing adds the perfect touch.
Can you Freeze Brownie Footballs:
Yes, you can freeze these brownies. If you like to plan ahead for your game day parties, this the perfect dessert to make. Store the brownies in an air tight container for up to 2 months.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Print Recipe for Football Brownies:
For the Brownies:
- White Decorating Gel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla extract until they are well mixed.
- Then slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flours, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Spread the batter into the 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake or the brownies will be dry.
- Use a football shaped cookie cutter to cut out football shape.
- Use the white decorating gel to place the football lines onto each brownie.
- Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe