This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pretzel No Bake Cookies combine salty and sweet for the best treat. You only need about 15 minute and everyone can enjoy delicious cookies. Yum!
If you love our Classic No Bake Cookie Recipe, then you are going to love this recipe. The combination of the pretzel, oats, peanut butter and cocoa powder make the best cookies. Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies are perfect to serve during the holiday or just because.
As a mom of 8, we make a lot of dessert recipes. This sweet and salty cookie is a family favorite. I love that the ingredients are simple pantry ingredients. You may even like these No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars or these Breakfast Cookies.
Table of Contents
What are No Bake Pretzel Cookies?
Pretzel Cookies is a no bake cookies that combines the simple ingredients of chocolate, peanut butter, and pretzel. They are very similar to a classic haystack cookies.
No bake cookies are perfect for any occasion but we love making them in the summer. It makes it perfect when you want something sweet but don’t want to heat the oven.
- Unsalted Butter or Margarine (one stick)
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Chopped Pretzels
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
- Chocolate Chips – For added flavor and texture add in butterscotch chips, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips. Chocolate chips and peanut butter make the perfect combination.
- Sea Salt – Top the cookies with sea salt once the ingredients are combined.
- Add-Ins – Feel free to add in chopped candy bars, M&M’s, or Reese’s Pieces. You can even mix in chopped nuts for added flavor.
- Sprinkles – If we make these for the holidays, I like to add in red and green sprinkles for a festive cookie.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Step 2 – Once melted, stir in milk, sugar, cocoa.
- Step 3 – Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Step 4 – Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Step 5 – Add in the old fashioned oats and pretzels.
- Step 6 – Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool completely.
- Step 7 – Cookies will set up and harden as they cool. It is that easy!
- Baking Sheets – We recommend lining baking sheets with parchment paper. This helps for easy cleanup and serving the cookies.
- Combining the ingredients – Gently combine the ingredients together with a wooden spoon. This prevents the crushed pretzels for breaking into smaller pieces.
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet. This allows them to be about the same size.
- Boiling Mixture – Combine the mixture to a boil for one minute. Make sure the mixture is at a rolling boil for exactly 2 minutes. I always set a timer. Heat and stir the no bake chocolate mixture.
How Long Will They Last:
These crunchy cookies will last about a week if they are stored properly. Each bite has the perfect sweet and salty flavor that you can never just eat one.
Can You Freeze?
We like to freeze cookies on a baking sheet for about an hour and then place in a freezer safe bag. This allows for you to take out the amount you want to serve.
The perfect way to make ahead your holiday cookies. You can also learn how to freeze no bake cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. If stored properly the cookies will last about a week.
This recipe is great with any type of peanut butter. You can also use a nut butter that fits within your diet.
If you cookies did not harden it maybe because the mixture did not boil for long enough. Make sure to boil for 2 minutes to ensure that the texture will be thick. You may also put the cookies in the fridge or the freezer to see if hardens up.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes:
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
We love hearing from you. If you make this no bake cookies with pretzels Recipe, make sure to leave a comment or a star review.
pretzel no bake cookie recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (one stick)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, stir in milk, sugar, cocoa.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in peanut buttter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the old fashioned oats and pretzels.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool completely.
- Cookies will set up and harden as they cool.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe