Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts is the perfect holiday appetizer. The Brussel Sprouts are made with simple ingredients for a flavorful side.
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Recipe:
We love to make these Brussel Sprouts Wrapped in Bacon because they are easy to make. We love the sweet and savory flavor of this easy appetizer. The simple ingredients makes this a budget friendly side dish.
Easy Brussel Sprouts Appetizer:
These Brussel Sprouts are wrapped in bacon then they are dipped in brown sugar. This adds a hint of sweetness to this appetizer. Then they are baked until the bacon is crispy and cooked through.
The results are tender and flavorful brussel sprouts that are sure to please a crowd. These brussel sprouts come together quickly so they make the perfect appetizer this holiday season.
Are Brussel Sprouts good for you?
Yes, this tasty green vegetables are packed with nutrients that are beneficial to your health.
- Brussel Sprouts has omega fatty acids to fight off many different things. Inflammation and heart health are a few of things brussel sprouts that they help fight against.
- They are high in fiber and help with digestive health. They also help to reduce heart disease.
- They are also have high amounts of Vitamin C.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Step 2 – Cut the ends off of the brussel sprouts and season them with salt and pepper to taste. Combine together in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 3 – Cut the strips of bacon in half. Wrap each brussel sprout with a piece of the bacon and secure it to the brussel sprout with a toothpick.
- Step 4 – Dip each one in the brown sugar to coat the bacon in the brown sugar. Then place them on the baking sheet.
- Step 5 – Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time. Cook until the bacon is crispy and the brussel sprouts are tender.
- Step 6 – Remove them from the baking sheet, remove the toothpicks, serve warm and enjoy!
Tip for Making Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts:
- Trimming Brussel Sprouts – We recommend trimming the brussel sprouts by cutting off the ends. Also, Remove any yellow or damaged outer leaves then cut sides lengthwise to from tip to bottom.
- Keep Brussel Sprouts whole – Just trim off the ends but keep the Brussel Sprouts whole to wrap them in bacon.
- Wash Brussel Sprouts – We recommend washing and drying Brussel Sprouts before wrapping them in bacon.
- Cut Bacon – Cut bacon in halves or thirds to evenly wrap around the Brussel Sprouts.
- Wrapping the Brussel Sprouts – When we wrap the brussel sprouts with bacon, we like to wrap it one time around. This allows for the bacon to get completely cook and get crispy.
- Secure with Toothpick – Secure the bacon with a toothpick inserted both into the bacon and Brussel Sprouts.
- Baking Sheet – Line the baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and to prevent the bacon from sticking.
- Brown Sugar – Completely cover the bacon in the brown sugar.
- Flip the Brussel Sprouts – We recommend flipping the Brussel Sprouts half way through the cooking time. This makes sure that the bacon is cooked and is crispy.
- Brussel Sprouts – Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half and wrap them in bacon if you prefer.
- Change the Seasoning – Use different types of seasoning. We only used salt and black pepper, but you can season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning or Season Salt.
- Brown Sugar – If you would like your bundles a little sweeter, mix in some brown sugar. We recommend mixing with the maple syrup in a small bowl. Crispy Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts with maple syrup has amazing flavor.
- Bacon – You can use different flavors of bacon if you prefer. We used a classic bacon, but you can use a thick cut bacon or a peppered bacon for added flavor.
- Turkey Bacon – You can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon if you prefer.
- Drizzle Sauce – Top the bacon wrapped roasted brussel sprouts with BBQ sauce or honey for a differently flavor.
- Air Fryer – Instead of making these brussel sprouts in the oven, place them in the air fryer basket. We love using the air fryer and allows the bacon to get extra crispy.
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Easy Holiday Appetizer:
If you are looking for an easy holiday appetizer, make these Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts. They are easy to make and are very delicious. The bacon is the perfect way to add flavor to brussel sprouts. It is a great way to get your kids to eat them.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts are the perfect side dish to many different recipes. They are easily found at the store and are budget friendly.
Give this easy appetizer a try this holiday season. It is a simple side dish that taste amazing. This is a impressive side dish that are a crowd favorite.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts:
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pound Bacon
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the ends off of the brussel sprouts and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cut the bacon in half. Wrap each brussel sprout with a piece of the bacon and secure it to the brussel sprout with a toothpick.
- Dip each one in the brown sugar to coat the bacon in the brown sugar. Then place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time, until the bacon is crispy and the brussel sprouts are tender.
- Remove them from the baking sheet, remove the toothpicks, serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe