This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled Brussel Sprouts are coated in olive oil and garlic then threaded on skewers. Brussel sprouts on the grill take just minutes to prepare and make the perfect side dish.
Cooking Brussel Sprouts is so easy on the grill and you get all of that smoky flavor. Including prep time and grilling time, fresh brussel sprouts take less than 20-25 minutes. Just add your favorite main dish such as chicken or pork for an easy meal.
Should I blanch brussel sprouts before grilling?
There is no need to blanch brussel sprouts before you grill them. They do not take long to cook and blanching simply isn’t necessary.
Do you need to soak brussel sprouts before cooking?
You do not have to soak these brussel sprouts before cooking. We actually prefer the taste and texture better if they are not soaked.
- Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Metal Skewers
How to cook brussel sprouts on the grill:
- Step 1. Fire up the grill and prepare the veggies. Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Step 2. Toss the Brussel Sprouts in oil and seasoning. Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 3. Place Brussels on skewers. Thread 4-5 Brussel sprout halves onto each metal skewer. Make sure to keep the stems on the Brussel sprouts facing the same directions.
- Step 4. Place the skewers directly on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until the Brussel sprouts are tender.
- Step 5. Serve and enjoy this tasty side dish. Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftover Brussel sprouts in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can reheat in the microwave, oven or stove top until heated through.
I prefer to reheat in the oven so they still have the crispy texture. You may want to drizzle them with more olive oil so they don’t dry out in the oven.
Reheating in the microwave will make them soggy and the texture will not be the same. Keep this in mind when choosing options to reheat.
- Parmesan Cheese. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese before serving. The cheesy flavor makes these even better and kid appealing.
- Lemon Juice. Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the garlic and olive oil mixture. The citrus flavor is delicious and the acidity enhances the Brussel sprouts.
- Balsamic Vinegar. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the skewers before serving.
- Cayenne Pepper or Chili Powder. Kick up the heat and add one of these to the seasoning blend.
- Maple Syrup and Cinnamon. Try a sweet and savory combo with this tasty mixture on the sprouts.
- Make it a complete meal. You can add other veggies and meat to the skewers. Everything you need for dinner is in this easy skewer recipe.
How long to grill brussel sprouts:
They only take about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill until they are tender.
What to serve with brussel sprouts:
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Easy Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- The Best Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Brussel Sprouts is a tasty side dish that pairs perfectly with a host of main dishes. These are a few of our favorites that can also be prepared on the grill.
All of these recipes are so easy and clean up is a breeze with everything being on the grill. You will love how clean and cool the kitchen stays when you grill everything.
Tips for Grilled Brussel Sprouts:
- Skewers. Use metal skewers for this recipe as the wood skewers are not strong enough to pierce the Brussel sprouts. If you only have wood, be careful while threading and be sure to soak the wooden skewers before using.
- Threading the veggies. Try to thread each Brussell sprout so the stems and outer leaves are facing the same direction.
- Grill pan. Another option instead of using skewers to thread the Brussel sprouts is to use a grill pan or grill basket.
- Foil pouch. Grill Brussel sprouts in foil for another option that tastes like roasted brussels sprouts. Turn the foil pack frequently during the grilling process to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Cut each one in half. Don’t skip this step and cut each Brussel Sprout in half. This will give them such a nice char from being on the grill.
- Oil the grill grates. Coat the grill grates in oil to prevent the skewers from sticking.
- Similar sized brussels. Try to use Brussel Sprouts that are the same size. This will help them to cook evenly while on the grill.
- Trimming the Brussel sprouts. Remove any damaged leaves before cutting in half and skewering.
- Oven option. Prepare the skewers as normal and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip the skewers halfway through the cooking time.
This tasty side dish is easy to prepare, inexpensive and delicious. It pairs well with many different meats for an effortless dinner option.
Don’t hesitate to cook brussel sprouts if you have been avoiding them. They are actually really delicious and cooked the right way will be a hit. My kids love to eat them when cooked on the grill.
The texture is so amazing with the charred edges.
Print this recipe for Grilled Brussel Sprouts:
Grilled Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Thread 4-5 Brussel sprout halves onto each metal skewer. Make sure to keep the stems on the Brussel sprouts facing the same directions.
- Place the skewers directly on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until the Brussel sprouts are tender.
- Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy grilled side dishes:
- Easy Grilled Avocado Recipe
- Glazed Grilled Carrots
- Grilled Zucchini Spears
- The Best Grilled Asparagus Recipe