This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The texture of Grilled Brussel Sprouts in foil is amazing. They are so tender and perfectly seasoned.
Easy Grilled Brussel Sprouts in foil
These Foil Pack Brussels Sprouts are so delicious and very easy to make. They make a great side dish with hardly any effort. With just a simple seasoning blend, this recipe has amazing flavor.
Let’s get started so you can see just how simple this is. The flavor is wonderful.
- Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper
How to grill brussel sprouts in foil:
- Step 1. Prepare the grill and fresh brussel sprouts. Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Step 2. Season the veggies so they are all coated. Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 3. Make the foil packs. Place the Brussel sprouts on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Step 4. Gently add the brussels sprouts on the grill. Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Step 5. Serve warm. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! They are so tasty and best served fresh.
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
How long to grill brussel sprouts in foil:
It takes about 20 to 25 minutes for the brussel sprouts to become tender and finish cooking.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftover Brussel sprouts in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When ready to serve, reheat in the microwave until heated through.
If you prefer them to be a little crispy, reheat in the oven or air fryer until thoroughly heated and crispy on the outside.
What to serve with brussel sprouts:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Tilapia Recipe
- Grilled Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Easy Grilled salmon in foil
These are a few of our favorites to serve with grilled brussel sprouts recipe. It is nice to make the entire meal on the grill and the kitchen stays clean and cool.
Tips for foil pack brussels sprouts:
- Heavy Duty Foil. We suggest using heavy duty foil so that it will be sturdy on the grill. If you use regular foil, double it to be sure it doesn’t break.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. Brussel Sprouts should be cooked until tender but not soggy. The texture will not be the same so do not let them cook too long.
- Grill basket. Another option is to use a grill basket instead of making foil packets. This will have more of the grill flavor since it won’t be covered by foil.
- Open the foil to allow the steam to release. They will continue to cook and can become soggy. I suggest opening the foil packet to prevent this.
- Prepare the brussel sprouts. Wash thoroughly and trim the edges. Cut in half and make sure to remove any of the tough portions.
Substitutions and Additions
- Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on the brussel sprouts a few minutes before they are finished cooking. Reseal the pouch and allow the cheese to melt. Other types of cheese that would be great also include mozzarella, colby, feta and cheddar cheese.
- Balsamic vinegar. Drizzle balsamic vinegar to taste all over the brussel sprouts with a little olive oil.
- Red Pepper Flakes. Spice things up and sprinkle red pepper flakes all over.
- Bacon. Dice bacon and mix together with the brussel sprouts. The bacon gives it amazing flavor.
- Glaze. Sprinkle brown sugar over the veggies and combine with a little olive oil. This will make a glaze that is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
How to make roasted brussel sprouts in the oven:
You can also make these in the oven. Prepare the foil packs as normal.
Then bake the foil packet at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until tender. This is a great option when you don’t want to grill or the weather doesn’t allow.
They still taste great and it is such a convenient alternative when it’s raining or cold.
Grilled Brussel Spouts taste delicious.
This tasty recipe will be a crowd pleaser. The flavor is so delicious on the grill and the seasoning blend is perfect.
It is very simple but turns out so tasty. Give this a try even if you do not like brussel sprouts. This recipe is really good and the texture is perfect.
They take minutes to prepare and pair nicely with numerous meals. Make some today!
Print the recipe for Grilled brussel sprouts in foil:
Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Place the Brussel sprouts on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are tender. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More foil pack recipes:
- Chicken Foil Packets
- Vegetable Foil Pack Recipe
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Foil Packet
- Foil Pack Grilled Red Potatoes