This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Cheese Fries are a favorite afternoon snack. We love to top French Fries with cheese, chopped bacon and more to create a delicious sheet pan appetizer.
Easy Cheese Fries Recipe:
We love hosting gatherings for the big game or parties. Appetizers are always on the menu and these cheese fries are a fan favorite. We love that you can add many different toppings to create a delicious side dish.
These cheese fries are addictive and serve perfectly on the baking sheet. If your kids have friends over, make these cheese fries. We always have frozen fries in the freezer so these cheese fries can easily be made.
This cheese fries recipe is quick and easy. Feel free to make chili cheese fries or add shredded chicken. You can turn this comfort food appetizer into a hearty meal idea.
What type of Fries do you Use?
We have made this recipe with many different fries. There are many frozen fries to choose from at your local grocery store. You can choose fries that are seasoned or our plain. All are great option to make this recipe.
Here are some store bought suggestions that we recommend.
- Potato Wedges
- Steak Fries
- Crinkle Fries
- Frozen French Fries
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Strips Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Green Onions (sliced)
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
How to Make Cheese Fries:
- Step 1 – Bake Frozen Fries – Place the frozen fries on a sheet pan. Then bake based on the package instructions.
- Step 2 – Add the Cheese – Remove the pan from the oven. Top with both of the shredded cheeses. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Step 3 – Add Bacon – Remove from the oven. Top with the crumbled bacon, green onions and fresh parsley.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy fries topped with your favorite toppings.
Loaded Cheese Fries Recipe Tips:
- Cook Fries – For best results, we recommend baking the fries before adding the toppings. You want to make sure the crispy french fries a golden brown before adding toppings. If you add topping to frozen fries they could end up soggy.
- Melt Cheese – Add shredded cheese and melt before adding toppings. Make sure to shred cheese yourself instead of using pre shredded cheese. Pre shredded cheese has ingredients that are not needed and could cause the cheese not to melt as good.
- Baking Sheet – Make sure to prepare the cheese fries on a rimmed baking sheet. This prevents the cheese fries from falling off.
- Serve Warm – These cheesy fries are best served warm.
Cheese Fries Variations:
- Toppings – You can serve topped with sour cream or ranch dressing if you prefer. You can even spread homemade cheese sauce, tomatoes, and more.
- Add Meat – For a delicious and hearty cheese fries, feel free to add meats. We have added sausage crumble, cooked pork, and ground beef. This is a great meal to use up leftover meat if you do not have a lot left. It makes a great lunch.
- Cheese – You can easily change the cheese to have you have on hand. You can use swiss, pepper jack cheese, colby jack cheese, or sharp cheddar cheese. We have even drizzled nacho cheese sauce over the top before serving.
- Bacon – If you do not have bacon cooked, you can easily add bacon bits to the top.
- French Fries – We recommend using frozen fries, but you can easily make your own. Slice russet potatoes in strips and place on a baking sheet. Then bake for 15 minutes. Add the cheese and melt or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Fresh Jalapenos – Nothing is better than adding fresh slice jalapenos to these French Fries. They give the fries so much flavor and add a little spicy kick.
How to Serve Cheese Fries:
When we make cheese fries, we like to serve them straight from the baking dish. If serving a crowd everyone can scoop from the baking dish onto their plate if you perfer.
Serve with ranch, salsa and more. These cheese fries are similar to nachos but made with French Fries.
How to Store and Reheat Cheese Fries:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to a few days.
If you have leftover cheese fries, feel free to reheat in the air fryer. Place the leftover cheese fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Then place in the air fryer at 400 degrees.
Reheat for about 5 minutes. This will help to create a crispy fries to enjoy again. It is much better reheating the air fryer than in the microwave.
Why We Love this Recipe:
- Easy Appetizer – If you are looking for an easy appetizer, make these cheese fries. They are hot, cheesy and one of the best appetizer you will make.
- Amazing Flavor – I love that this recipe is full of flavor. The golden brown crispy fries are delicious with the cheese.
- Variations – We love that we can make these cheese fries in many different ways. You can add meat, toppings and more for a delicious appetizer.
Print Recipe for Cheese Fries:
- Place the frozen fries on a sheet pan and bake based on the package instructions.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Top with both of the shredded cheeses. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven. Top with the crumbled bacon, green onions and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokie Recipe
- Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe