I have a really yummy and super fun CopyCat Cosmic Brownies Recipe for you today. Don’t you love copycat recipes? They are a fun way to have fun in the kitchen and still save money.
These colorful treats are way better than the store bought version! If your kids beg and plead to get a box of these at the store, whip up a batch at home that is just as good or better.
Copycat Cosmic Brownies Recipe
These colorful treats are sure to be a hit with the kiddos. In fact, I bet the whole family goes crazy over them.
The recipe is really simple and not hard at all. Once you try them, you will make them all the time.
This goes really well with Hot Chocolate Starbucks CopyCat Recipe if you are feeling decadent and want to totally surprise the kids. My kids have been known to even dunk their brownie into hot chocolate! Can you tell we are big chocolate fans around here?
Ok, let’s get started because I have a feeling you will be hooked!
Let’s get started making Cosmic Brownies Copycat Recipe
How to make cosmic brownie recipe:
1. First, go ahead and make the brownies according to the box mix instructions.
2. Second, bake the brownies and let cool completely.
3. Next, while the brownies are cooling, make the fudge topping. Heat up the whipping cream in a sauce pan. I like to do this over medium heat. Pour the chocolate chips into the the cream and stir until they are melted and the mixture is smooth.
4. Now it is time to pour that delicious chocolate mixture all over the top of the brownies. I use a spatula to get a smooth top. If you like chocolate ganache, you will love this.
It is pretty simple to get the icing smooth. The spatula helps to smooth out any wrinkles or places that still need icing.
5. Finally, sprinkle the M&M’s on the top of the icing! Make sure to do this right away so the chocolate will stick to the brownies. Put the brownies in the fridge so they can set. This takes about an hour and then you can serve the cooled brownies.
This Chocolate Icing for Brownies can also be used for other recipes.
Try it on cake or cupcakes! It’s amazing and so simple. Just don’t skip this step on the brownies and buy one already made. It won’t taste the same and this is so easy! I make this Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe from scratch and you would love this icing on it!
We love homemade cosmic brownies but this icing is equally delicious on cake as well. Yum! One bite and you will be hooked because they are just like the ones from the grocery store. I think they are actually better!
More ideas to try:
- You could even use seasonal M&M’s to make these for different holidays. Pretty pastels for Easter, pinks for Valentine’s Day, Red and Green for Christmas… There are so many options you can make.
Everyone will love this recipe.
This icing is so good and combined with the brownies, it’s even better. One batch goes pretty quickly at my house so I like to double the recipe. That way we have one pan to eat at home for dessert or after school snacks.
I use the other batch to cut into squares and pop into sandwich bags. This is perfect for school lunches and I can just grab and go in the mornings. My kids are super excited to have this fun treat in their lunch box and I’m happy that I was able to make it at home.
Brownies are always a hit. We also love this homemade butterscotch brownies recipe for another tasty brownie to try.
Print your copycat cosmic brownies recipe below:
Your kids will go crazy over this Copycat Cosmic Brownies recipe. They are just like the store bought version but better! The chocolate icing for brownies is amazing. Try this cosmic brownie recipe. Cosmic Brownies Copycat recipe is so yummy!
- 1 box fudge brownies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mini M&M’s or M&M’s
Prepare brownies according to directions.
Bake for 20 minutes and then set on counter to cool.
Prepare the fudge topping by heating up the heavy whipping cream in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add the chocolate chips and keep stirring until completely melted and smooth.
Pour on top of brownies and smooth it out using a spatula.
Sprinkle M&M’s on top! Set in the fridge for an hour before serving.
These “homemade” cosmic brownies are easy to make and kids will love helping you in the kitchen! Get the same look as the store bought version by using M&M’s.