This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe is a fun version of the traditional stuffed peppers without all the extra work. Let your crockpot do all the work and come home to dinner ready to enjoy.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy crock pot meal then this Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe is for you. You get all the flavors of stuffed peppers without any of the work. Simple ingredients gives the stuffed peppers so much flavor.
You might also want to try this Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Soup. It has all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers but in a yummy soup. Stuffed peppers in crock pot makes for the perfect weeknight meal and it is always a family favorite.
If you are a fan of Stuffed Peppers, make them in the slow cooker. So much easier than the traditional way and the results are tender, cooked stuffed peppers.
Table of Contents
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
- How to Make Stuffed Peppers in a Crockpot:
- Do you Cook Bell Peppers before Stuffing them?
- What to Serve with Crockpot Stuffed Peppers:
- Recipe Adaptations:
- Tips for Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers:
- How to Freeze Stuffed Peppers:
- How to Store Leftovers:
- You need a good Crock Pot for this recipe:
- Easy Stuffed Peppers:
- Print Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Try these other Beef Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Bell Peppers (any color is fine.)
- Ground Beef
- Uncooked White Rice
- Minced Garlic (or use garlic salt)
- Tomatoes & green Chilies (like Rotel)
- Tomato Paste
- Brown Sugar
- water or Chicken Broth
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Stuffed Peppers in a Crockpot:
- Step 1 – Mix Ingredients – This is recipe is so simple. Just mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Stuff the Peppers – Next, put the mixture in the peppers and place in the crock pot. In just a few hours you have a delicious dinner.
Do you Cook Bell Peppers before Stuffing them?
The beauty of the crock pot is that you do not need to cook the peppers before. The crockpot does all the work and results are tender peppers that are full of flavor.
This stuffed bell peppers is the ultimate comfort food.
What to Serve with Crockpot Stuffed Peppers:
This Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers is a complete meal. But I still like to have an easy side to serve with this delicious meal. These are some of my favorites.
- Cornbread – You are going to love this easy homemade cornbread recipe. Making cornbread from scratch isn’t as hard as you might think. This cornbread recipe is the perfect side dish to our favorite crock pot meal.
- Roasted Vegetables – Make a side of roasted broccoli in the oven. It cooks perfectly in the oven and a delicious side to these stuffed peppers.
- Side Salad – Serve with a side salad and your dinner is complete. This is an easy side and simple to make.
- Add Cheese – You can also add a ½ cup cheese if you wish to the mixture. This is optional but tasty. And then add another ½ cup to the top in the last few minutes of cooking until cheese melts.
- Stir in Beans – We have also added black beans and extra diced tomatoes to stretch the ground beef even more. The beans go really well with the rice and meat mixture.
- Ground Turkey – Feel free to change the meat to ground turkey. You can even do half ground beef and half ground turkey.
- Rice – We used white rice in this recipe, you can use brown rice if you prefer.
- Tomato Sauce – If you want a creamier sauce, use tomato sauce instead of tomatoes.
- Cauliflower Rice – Make it healthier by chopping up cauliflower and using it instead of rice – check out my easy Cauliflower rice recipe. My kids ate it with white rice last week, but I used cauliflower to get my extra veggies in.
- Add in other Vegetables – You can add in some chopped carrots or broccoli. You can easily chop these really small so they cook fast and soft.
- Quinoa – For added protein, mix in quinoa. This would be a great substitute for the rice if you prefer.
- Seasoning – Change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can easily use Italian Seasoning or a Tex-Mex flavor seasoning.
Tips for Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers:
- Rice – Rice needs to be slightly undercooked before it goes into the slow cooker so it doesn’t turn mushy. I like to use leftover rice that is cold.
- Beef and Rice – The beef and rice mixture is stuffed in the peppers to cook in the slow cooker. Cook for about 2 hours or until peppers are tender.
- Ground Beef – We like to use leftover ground beef in this recipe. If you do not have leftovers, brown the ground beef before mixing with the other ingredients.
- Mixture – Evenly divide the beef and rice mixture into the peppers.
How to Freeze Stuffed Peppers:
Stuffed Peppers are easy to freeze. Place the leftovers in an air tight freezer container and place in the freezer. These stuffed peppers will last about 4 months.
Once you are ready to serve again, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Heat in a baking dish in the oven. We recommend cutting the peppers so they fully cook.
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and heat for about 10 minutes.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store you leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge. The leftovers will last about 4 days.
I like to store mine in a microwave safe dish so it is easy to reheat. We like to place in individual containers so it is easy lunch the next day. We think it taste even better the next day.
You need a good Crock Pot for this recipe:
If you are in the market for a crockpot, I really like this crockpot. I use this all the time and it’s great. My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I love using my crock pot for these slow cooker recipes. We love using our crock pot for soups, side dishes, or get togethers and everything in between.
Easy Stuffed Peppers:
This recipe is so easy to make. My family loves stuffed peppers so we have them all the time. I love that the recipe can be changed to what we have or make it healthier.
The slow cooker does all the work and it is a great way to use leftover meat or rice. Sneak in other vegetables for added flavor. We love this recipe and we hope you do too.
Print Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
- Mix everything together and place your mixture inside the peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers into the crock pot.
- In just a few hours you have a delicious dinner!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other Beef Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Tips Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- Crock Pot Beef Teriyaki Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef
If you love this recipe, check out our crock pot recipes page for more delicious recipes.