This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Soup is flavorful, rich, creamy and so delicious. Make this warm dish on a cold day with easy ingredients.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup Recipe:
We love making soup during the fall and winter months. It is even easier when everything can cook in my slow cooker. This Crockpot Sweet Potato Soup combines all the flavors of fall in a soup form.
This rich, creamy, thick and flavorful soup is made with simple ingredients all cooked all day in the slow cooker. The slow cooker combines the flavors of this soup together to make it both flavorful and comforting.
This hearty soup is a family favorite. The sweet potatoes are naturally sweet and we love the healthy benefits from eating this orange vegetable. Add a side of French bread and your meal is complete.
- Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Vegetable Broth
- Celery Stalks, diced
- Onion, diced
- Coconut Milk (14 oz)
How to Make Sweet Potato Soup in Crock Pot:
- Add ingredients to slow Cooker – Place diced sweet potatoes, celery, add the onion, seasonings and broth in a crock pot.
- Cook – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Blend the Potatoes – Once cooked and the potatoes are tender by piercing with a fork. We purée the soup using an immersion blender or carefully spoon the contents of your crockpot into your blender to purée. Return to the crock pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Continue Cooking – Cover and cook on low for 10-15 minutes until the coconut milk is combined and heated through.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm and enjoy!
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Soup Tips:
- Instant Pot – You can also make this in the Instant Pot.
- Stovetop – Make this soup in a Dutch oven on the stove top. It would take about 30 minutes to bring to a boil. This makes for a quick weeknight meal.
- Cutting Sweet Potatoes – So the sweet potatoes cook evenly, cut them about the same size.
- Blending Sweet Potatoes – You can use a immersion blender or a food processor.
- Coconut Milk – When adding in the coconut milk, we recommend adding it towards the end of cooking time. This prevents it from curdling in the soup.
- Liquid – You want to add just enough liquid to cover the vegetables.
- Adding Seasoning – When adding in the seasoning, we like to add in when placing the sweet potatoes in. This allows for the ingredients to really cook all together.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup?
- Green Salad
- Kale Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- French Bread
- Turkey Sandwich
Sweet Potato Soup Substitutions:
If you are wanting to substitute the sweet potatoes for something with the same creamy texture try one of these suggestions.
- White Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Coconut Milk – You can use additional broth if you do not like coconut milk in this recipe.
- Smokey Flavor – If you like a more smokey flavor, add some chipotle pepper.
- Seasoning – This recipe calls for simple seasoning but feel free to add in other options. Here are some suggestions, smoked paprika, ground nutmeg, cinnamon, or fresh herbs.
- Add in Meats – Feel free to add in some shredded chicken, ground beef or pork to this soup.
- Chicken Stock – Instead of vegetable broth you can easily use chicken stock or chicken broth.
- Heavy Cream – You can add in heavy cream instead of coconut milk. Just make sure you still add towards the end of cooking time.
Topping Ideas for Creamy Sweet Potato Soup:
- Bacon Bites
- Chopped Jalapeno
- Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Olive Oil
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We think this soup taste better the next day as the ingredients really marinate together overnight.
This is the perfect soup to eat for lunch the next. I like to store it in a microwave safe container so it is easy to reheat.
Can I Freeze Sweet Potato Soup?
Yes, this soup is easy to freeze. Once the leftover soup has cooled to room temperature, place in freezer safe container. I like to freeze in individual containers so it is easy for me to heat up a single serving for lunch.
Once you are ready to serve again, place container in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then reheat in a sauce pan on the stove top. It is still as delicious as the day your made it.
Easy Crock Pot Sweet Potato Soup:
This easy crock pot sweet potato soup is one of my favorite soups to make. My loved this soup so much that we make it at least twice a month. This is the perfect soup to make if you want to cut back on meat since it is so expensive.
The ingredients are simple and can be changed in variety of ways. You can add in other vegetables, seasoning, meats or cream. Sweet potatoes are so flavorful that making this soup with minimal ingredients is easy to do.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Sweet Potato Soup:
Crock pot Sweet Potato Soup
- Place sweet potatoes, celery, onion, seasonings and broth in a crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked and the potatoes are tender, purée your soup using an immersion blender or carefully spoon the contents of your crockpot into your blender to purée. Return to the crock pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-15 minutes until the coconut milk is combined and heated through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Crack Potato Soup Recipe