Crock pot crack potato soup is delicious and is easy to make by using frozen hash browns and tasty with all the different cheese. Toss it all in the slow cooker for an easy meal.
Crock pot crack potato soup
Potato soup is the best comfort food for Fall and Winter! This new recipe for crack potato soup is amazing.
Each bite is really creamy and delicious, and it is more than what you would expect from potato soup.
With the bacon, ranch, cream cheese, and cheddar flavors this potato soup loaded recipe is the perfect dinner.
I love that this recipe uses frozen hash browns.
It is a delicious soup perfect to enjoy year round as well. From cool Fall nights to rainy Summer days, this soup never disappoints.
Also, the ranch adds a new layer of flavor to this soup that is delicious in this easy soup recipe.
- frozen hash browns (shredded)
- cream of chicken soup
- black pepper
- ranch dressing mix
- chicken broth
- cooked bacon slices- chopped
- cream cheese-diced
- shredded cheddar cheese – I like to use sharp cheddar cheese.
How to make crock pot crack potato soup
First, place the hash browns in the slow cooker. Then add the cream of chicken soup, ranch mix, broth, and half of the cooked bacon to the crock pot as well.
Then cover and cook on low for for 4 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
About an hour before serving, add the shredded cheese and the cream cheese. Put the crock pot lid on and let all of the cheese melt.
Then stir well so that the cheese is well combined. You are going to love the cheddar, bacon, and ranch flavors in this soup recipe.
How to thicken Crock pot potato soup
If you find your potato soup too thin, you can easily thicken it. Turn your crock pot pot on high.
Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with ¼ cup of cold water. Whisk that together until combined.
Then mix the cornstarch mixture into the crock pot. Stir to combine.
Allow it to set for 15 minutes until it thickens. It could take up to 30 minutes. Before serving, stir to combine everything.
What to Serve with potato soup
- Extra Shredded cheese
- More Chopped bacon
- Green onions
- Sour Cream
- Saltine Crackers or Oyster Crackers
- See our 21 ideas on What to Serve with Potato Soup.
Tips for crock pot potato soup:
- Hand grate the cheese instead of buying pre-shredded. The cheese will melt smoother. Pre shredded cheese will make the soup stringy.
- Change up the Frozen Hash browns – shredded hash browns work great but you can also use diced frozen potatoes.
- Use Real Potatoes – If you want to use real potatoes, you can. Peel and diced about 3 lbs of real potatoes. You will want to then use a hand mixer right before serving to make sure your potatoes blend together for a creamy soup.
- Use a different cream soup – Cream of Chicken gives the soup a tasty and creamy base. Other types of cream soup would work in a pinch. I bet cream of celery would be good.
- Use Liners – Save time and use Crockpot liners. These make clean up even easier.
- I use this programmable crockpot when I’m going to be gone all day. It is great for busy weeks when the kids have a ton of activities.
Potato Soup Variations
- Add Chicken – Place 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot before you place the hash browns. Shred the chicken before serving. The hash browns chicken together is delicious in this soup.
- Add Ham – We love adding diced ham to the soup. Add it in the very beginning.
The soup is really easy and anyone can make it. The next time you want an easy but delicious dinner, this is the recipe to try!
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftover soup in an air tight container for up to 5 days. The soup will thicken as it sets so I recommend adding a little bit of broth when reheating to thin the soup back out.
Can you freeze:
Yes, you can freezer the leftovers of this soup. The cheese will separate some as it freeze but that is normal.
When reheating, stir thoroughly to combine the cheese back into the soup.
Slow Cooker Crack Potato Soup Recipe is the best!
The cream cheese makes it rich and delicious. Plus, the ranch seasoning really jazzes things up. Trust me, you are going to want to lick the bowl.
This soup is easy to make with hash browns, chicken broth, cheddar, bacon, ranch, cream cheese and cream of chicken soup.
My kids love adding all the toppings, and the crispy bacon on top is definitely a favorite.
You can make each bowl your own and add the toppings that you enjoy the most. This recipe is perfect to feed a family and so budget friendly for a crowd.
Try it for parties, Game Day and anytime you want a great meal. It does not disappoint. Yum!
Print this crock pot crack potato soup recipe:
Crock pot crack potato soup
- 30 oz frozen hashbrowns shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz can
- 1/2 teaspoon back pepper
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 bacon slices cooked and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, ranch mix, broth, and 8 sliced of chopped bacon. Cook on low for for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4.
- One hour before serving, stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and the cream cheese.
- Cover and allow the cheeses to mel.
- Stir thoroughly to incorporate the cheese.
- Serve with the remaining cheddar cheese and the chopped bacon.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More potato soup recipes:
- Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sausage Potato Soup
- Ham and Potato Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup