Edible cookie dough bites are easy to make and perfect for snacking. Enjoy everything you love about cookie dough for a snack or dessert.
Edible cookie dough bites
Do you love cookie dough? Are you always trying to sneak some from the bowl when making cookies? I know I absolutely love cookie dough.
I have the perfect solution if you love it as much as I do. . Make these edible cookie dough bites for a decadent treat.
You can eat this cookie dough without any worries. It is super easy to make and so decadent. I’m pretty sure you are going to go crazy over it.
Plus, it is so much cheaper than buying the tubs of edible cookie dough at the grocery store. I think it tastes better too.
- All Purpose Flour
- unsalted butter- softened at room temperature
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
How to make edible cookie dough:
First, get out a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sugars and vanilla extract and mix together with a hand held mixer or stand mixer.
Once this is combined, add the milk and beat until combined.
Then add the flour. Stir this together by hand and not with the mixer.
This is when you may need to add more milk. It just depends on the consistency of the cookie dough.
Now add the chocolate chips and stir together.
Finally, roll into balls or serve as is. It is that easy.
Place in the refrigerator and Enjoy.
Note on flour:
Heat treated flour is best to ensure the recipe is the safest to eat. You can purchase heat treated flour but it is often pretty hard to find as not many brands or stores carry it.
An easy way is to just do it yourself. You can put the flour in a microwave safe bowl and microwave a few minutes. The flour needs to reach 165 degrees. You can check this by using an instant read thermometer.
If you prefer to use your oven, put the flour on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees. This will prevent you from having to eat raw flour.
It is really easy to do.
How Long Does Cookie Dough Last in the Fridge?
Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. If you love cookie dough as much as we do, they won’t last long in the fridge.
Can I Bake This Cookie Dough?
No, you cannot bake the cookie dough. Since ,there are no eggs or leavening in the recipe. it will not rise.
Tips for Edible Cookie dough bites:
- The cookie dough will be harder in the refrigerator as the butter solidifies. Let the cookie dough sit a room temperature for a few minutes and it will soften.
- Cookie scoop – Use these to make the dough balls. It goes super fast and helps to make the dough into uniform balls.
- More ideas: We also like peanut butter cookie dough. You can reduce part of the butter and add a little bit of peanut butter to the recipe. The flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate is so yummy. You can also try white chocolate chips. Either mix them with the milk chocolate or substitute entirely.
- Topping ideas! Break up the balls and put in vanilla ice cream. It tastes like cookie dough ice cream.
How to Freeze Edible Cookie Dough
You can also freeze this up to 3 months. We love it and often make a double batch and put some in the freezer. You will love having this readily available.
To thaw, simply allow them to thaw in the fridge or on your counter until ready to eat.
Edible Cookie Dough Flavor ideas
- Funfetti or Birthday Cake Cookie Dough – Eliminate the chocolate chips. Instead add in white chocolate chips and 2-3 tablespoons of rainbow sprinkles. This is my kids favorite edible cookie dough.
The best edible cookie dough bites!
These are so easy to make and taste amazing.
The hardest thing about this recipe is not eating all of it! They are so delicious and you will want to eat several.
Surprise the kids and make edible cookie dough bites. You won’t be disappointed.
From snack time to movie night, these decadent bites are perfect any day of the week. Everyone will go crazy over them.
Print this edible cookie dough recipe:
Edible Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Milk may need more when making
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugars and vanilla extract with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer. Then add in the milk and beat until combined.
- Then stir in the flour by hand. Add more milk at this time depending on the constituency of your cookie dough.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls or serve as is.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More cookie recipes:
- Monster Cookies
- How to make Snowman Cookies
- Deep Fried Cookie Dough Recipe
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Amazing Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe