This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe can be ready in minutes and will soon be a family favorite. Loaded with tender chicken and colorful bell peppers and more, this recipe is a meal your family will love!
Instant Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe:
Not only is this recipe delicious, it is so pretty! The bell peppers add a ton of color and the pasta just turns this meal into the best comfort food.
Get dinner on the table fast with very little effort. We love pressure cooking and it is the perfect thing for busy weeknights.
The chicken is so tender and flavorful that you will think it was slow cooked all day instead of cooked in just minutes!
I add lots of bell peppers in several different colors. Not only does it taste great but gives this dish such a pretty pop of color.
If you love Olive Garden Chicken Scampi, give this restaurant quality recipe a try. It is so simple to make at home and will save a ton of money.
What is Chicken Scampi?
Chicken Scampi is a pasta dish that is loaded with flavor. The buttery chicken broth tops this dish that combines the Italian seasoning and easy spices. We like to add any different bell peppers for added flavor and color to the dish.
Chicken Scampi Instant Pot Ingredients
- Chicken Breast
- Bell Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Italian Seasoning and Other Spices
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe:
- Add Chicken – You just put the chicken in the pressure cooker.
- Top with Vegetables – Next, add the onion, peppers and broth on top.
- Add in the Seasoning – Top with all the delicious seasonings and add the lid. Set the valve to sealing.
- Instant Setting – Set the pressure to 25 minutes.
- Quick Pressure Release – do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Shred the Chicken – Once everything is finished cooking, I like to shred the chicken and stir back in the Instant Pot with the veggies.
- Cook Pasta – In a separate pot, cook the pasta as directed on the package. I like to cook the pasta with in olive oil.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve over angel hair pasta and top with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. If you prefer, you can also squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
What to serve with Chicken Scampi:
- Side Salad
- Steam Broccoli
- French Bread
Can Chicken Scampi be made in the Crock Pot?
Yes, this recipe is perfect for the slow cooker. Everything gets tossed into the crock pot and cooked on low for 6-8 hours for an amazing meal to come home to.
Shred the chicken and mix it the with broth and the peppers and onions and serve over pasta.
Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Tips:
- Chicken – You can use Chicken tenders, chicken breast, or chicken thighs.
- Broth – If you prefer, you can use white wine instead of chicken broth.
- Stovetop Option – If you prefer, you can make this meal on the stove top.
- Change the meat – You could also try making just shrimp scampi. There are so many delicious options.
- Make thicker broth – You can also try adding heavy cream to change the consistency a bit and make it creamier.
- Add Shrimp with Chicken – Sometimes we add shrimp to this recipe and it tastes great with the chicken. Give this combination a try for a change sometime.
- Change the Pasta – We love this dish with angel hair pasta but really any pasta will work. The angel hair pasta just is so light and really is a nice touch with the chicken and veggies. However, use what you have. We have used spaghetti noodles, penne and even bow tie!
How to Store:
Place leftover Chicken Scampi in an air tight container. Place in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. We think it taste better the next days as the flavor really enhances marinating over night.
Print this Pressure Cooker Chicken Scampi Recipe:
Instant Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ green bell pepper sliced any color will do actually -the more the merrier
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz Angel Hair pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken in the Instant pot.
- Add the onion, peppers, and broth on top.
- Top with all the delicious seasonings and add the lid. Set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure to 25 minutes.
- do a quick release to release the pressure.
- shred the chicken and then stir it back into the Instant pot with the veggies.
- Serve over angel hair pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Yum!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe