You can enjoy Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon Recipe that taste like they have been slow cooked all day. The bacon gives the green beans the best flavor for a recipe that your family will go crazy over.
Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon Recipe:
If you thought southern style green beans had to be slow cooked all day to taste this amazing, you are going to be so impressed with this instant pot recipe. Literally in just minutes, this recipe comes together for the most delicious green beans ever.
The bacon and garlic gives the green beans such a wonderful flavor that it will be easy to get your kids to eat their veggies. The ingredients are a simple as fresh green beans, bacon and garlic to make this easy side dish.
If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish, this is the one I would make. In less than 5 minutes you will have an amazing side dish that everyone will love.
Why we love this Instant Pot Green Bean Recipe:
- Quick and Easy – It is hard to call this even a recipe when it only requires a few ingredients and the instant pot does all the work.
- Cooks Fast – In less than 5 minutes this amazing side dish is done.
- Healthy – It is the perfect low carb side dish that even the pickiest eaters will love.
- Amazing Flavor – Adding bacon, garlic, and broth with the southern green beans really gives this side a delicious flavor.
With just these few ingredients, you will have the best green beans ever in just minutes!
- Fresh Green Beans – washed with the ends trimmed
- Chicken Broth
- Minced Garlic – you can also use garlic powder
How to Cook Green Beans in the Instant Pot:
- Prepare Green Beans – Wash and trim green beans.
- Bacon Preparation – Prepare the diced bacon by slicing in bite size pieces. You do not have to cook the bacon before adding to the instant pot.
- Gather Ingredients – Place everything in the instant pot.
- Prepare the Instant Pot – Add the lid and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Cook Green Beans – Cook on high pressure and set the timer to 4 minutes. The green beans will cook as the instant pot comes to pressure. Cook time will vary.
- Quick Release – Then do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Stir and serve – Salt and pepper to taste and you are ready to enjoy. There maybe some bacon grease, which adds to the flavor of the green beans. No one will believe that green beans this amazing took less than 5 minutes.
How to Trim Green Beans:
- Get about 15 green beans and place on a cutting board. Line the green beans up in a uniform manner lengthwise. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Take a Sharp Knife and with one holding the green beans and then cut the end off the green beans. I try to get right above the tip and cut.
- Then line up the other end of the green beans and cut the other side of the green beans.
Instant Pot Recommendation:
I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. Using an instant pot has really changed dinner time around here.
You can also these Instant Pot Accessories to make pressure cooking a breeze. We just love to pressure cook and I am certain you will too.
Dinner time is much easier and less complicated now that I have the pressure cooker. If you are hesitant or on the fence, don’t be. You will love it.
How long to Cook Green Beans in the Instant Pot:
We cook our green beans for about 4 minutes under high pressure with a quick release. But it will depend on how tender you want your green beans to be.
- Use Different Types of Green Beans – You can use canned green beans, or frozen instead. We recommend using what you have on hand.
- Change the Meat – Instead of bacon use ham that has been diced. You can also use summer sausage or chicken.
- Add in Potatoes – Slice up some russet potatoes and add into the instant pot with the green beans.
Tips for Instant Pot Green Beans:
- Pick the Consistency of the Green Beans – If you would like the green beans to be crunchy, don’t cook them as long. You can also cook longer to make them really soft. It is all about your preference. You can also let the Instant Pot do a natural release for an even softer green beans.
- If you are using frozen green beans – You do not need to thaw them, just place them in the instant pot as the recipe indicates.
- Mixing the ingredients – When you are mixing the ingredients together, make sure you are scraping the bottom of the instant pot. This make sure all the ingredients are mixed well together.
What to serve with Instant Pot Green Beans
Print this Pressure cooker green beans and bacon recipe below:
Instant pot Green Beans and Bacon Recipe
- 1 lb fresh green beans (washed and the ends trimmed)
- 6 pieces bacon (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Place everything in the instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure and set the timer to 0 minutes. (The green beans will cook as the instant pot comes to pressure.)
- Then do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Stir and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe