As most of you know… we have been getting Milky Way candy bars for free lately. I’m a big fan of chocolate… I a mean, who isn’t? However, Milky way candy bars are not my favorite. I can’t say no to free chocolate though. That would be just plain sinful! 😉
I just kept buying all these free candy bars and decided it was time to get creative. SO… I made milky way brownies. I made them for my family for dessert one night and we were talking about what to call them. My oldest son said “Just call them delicious!” I think that means they were good. Even my husband (who isn’t a big dessert person) devoured them!
All you need it brownie mix and a milky way bar for a fabulous dessert!
If you place your candy bar in the freezer for about 10 minutes it will be much easier to chop.
Sprinkle your candy bar on top and then bake! It really easy that simple.
Enjoy this dessert!
- 1 milky way candy bar
- ½ cup butter melted or oil (you can use ¼ cup of butter and it will still be yummy)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (you can use ¼ cup whole wheat and ¼ cup of regular flour)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 9x9 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x9 pan with non stick spray.
- Chop MIlky way bar into chunks (Hint - if you place your candy bar in the freezer for about 10 minutes, it will be much easier to chop)
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- You can either mix the milky way in with the matter or sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
They are seriously that good!! I think I know what you are making tonight.