This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms are loaded with flavor and easy to make. Make your favorite Olive Garden appetizer at home with this copycat recipe.
Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
Olive Garden no longer has their famous stuffed mushrooms on the menu. But this recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms from Olive Garden is the perfect copycat recipe.
These mushrooms are loaded with flavor because of the ingredients they are stuffed with. Now with this simple recipe, you can make as many as your want and save money too.
We love having friends and family over and these stuffed mushrooms and Olive Garden Fried Lasagna are always on the menu.
What are Stuffed Mushrooms made of?
Stuffed Mushrooms are made with simple but flavorful ingredients. They start with large mushrooms and then stuffed with minced clams, bread crumbs, italian seasoning and cheese.
Before they are placed in the oven, we top them with shredded mozzarella. These mushrooms are both filling and a delicious appetizer.
What Kinds of Mushrooms are Best for Stuffing?
When making stuffed mushrooms we usually choose a large white button mushroom or cremini mushrooms. These two are perfect for stuffing. You can also use a portobello mushroom if you want something larger.
Purchase mushrooms that are firm and plump as these are usually the ones that are the freshest. Depending on the size, I usually purchase the mushrooms that are in bulk.
Make sure to clean the mushrooms completely before stuffing. After washing completely with a brush or your hands, allow them to dry completely before stuffing.
- Large Fresh Mushrooms
- Butter, melted
- Mozzarella Cheese, finely grated
For the Filling:
- Minced Clams (6 oz) drained clam juice
- Green Onion, finely chopped
- Large Egg, beaten
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Dried Oregano
- Butter, melted
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Prepare oven and baking dish. – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish large enough to hold the mushrooms with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms. Remove the stems off the mushrooms. Clean with a dry paper towel (due not use water or it will make the mushrooms soggy).
- Mix clam stuffing ingredients together – Stir together all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the stuffing mixture in the mushroom cap – Add 1-2 spoons of the mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound. Place filling side up on the baking dish. You should be able to stuff 8-12 mushrooms based on the size of your mushrooms.
- Top with Melted Butter – Then drizzle ¼ cup of melted butter and oregano over the prepared mushrooms.
- Bake stuffed Mushrooms – Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Mozzarella Cheese on Top – Remove the foil and sprinkle the top of each mushroom with the grated mozzarella cheese. Bake (uncovered) for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then the mushrooms are ready to serve and enjoy. Depending on how many are in a container but usually you can get about 12 mushrooms depending of the size.
Stuffed Mushrooms Tips:
- Make in advance – You can easily make these ahead of time. We recommend making the same day your want to serve them. Just prepare as recipe indicates and place in the refrigerator.
- Dry Mushrooms – Make sure mushrooms are dry before stuffing with the mixture. Pat dry any moisture that is on the mushrooms.
- Cheeses – You can use different types of cheese. Parmesan, Romano and Mozzarella cheeses are good suggestions.
- Shredded Cheese – We recommend freshly grated mozzarella cheese instead of the prepacked shredded cheese.
How to Store:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer to make them heated through and slightly crispy again.
Print Recipe here for Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms:
Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking dish large enough to hold the mushrooms with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the stems off the mushrooms and clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel (due not use water or it will make the mushrooms soggy).
- Stir together all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 spoons of the filling into each mushroom cap and place it filling side up on the baking dish (you should be able to stuff 8-12 mushrooms based on the size of your mushrooms).
- Then drizzle 3 Tbsp of melted butter over the prepared mushrooms.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the top of each mushroom with the grated mozzarella cheese. Bake (uncovered) for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Then the mushrooms are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Olive Garden Recipes:
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- Crock Pot Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup Recipe