Fall baking is so fun and these easy pumpkin cookies are the absolute best. Not only are they so simple but they are soft and delicious and just packed with pumpkin flavor!
Easy pumpkin cookies
Mmmmm… Pumpkin Cookies! When I say these cookies are the best ever… I mean it! There is something about a warm moist cookie on a crisp fall day.
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to fall baking, one of the first ingredients I think of is pumpkin. You will love this Pumpkin Cookie Recipe.
I’ve already shown you a delicious Pumpkin Muffin Recipe, a super moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe, and some fun Pumpkin Cupcakes, so today I have these delicious Pumpkin Cookies for you to try.
There are only a handful of ingredients (most of which you probably already have on hand). This recipe is very easy to follow so you can have these mixed and baked in under 15 minutes.
However, the cookies will look and taste so good people will think you’ve spent hours on them. 😉 Sounds like a winner to me!
Let’s get started making pumpkin cookies!
Ingredients you need for the best pumpkin cookies:
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- butter, softened
- granulated sugar
- confectioner’s sugar
How to make easy pumpkin cookies:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix together all dry ingredients: flour through salt.
Cream sugar and butter together. Slowly stir in pumpkin.
Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until thick batter forms.
Pour confectioner’s sugar in bowl. Scoop or spoon about a tablespoon of batter onto sugar and roll to coat. (I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. )
Place coated cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake.
Allow to cool on wire rack.
Time saving tip for pumpkin crinkle cookies:
If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops! I have had mine for several years and I use them for all types of baking. We like to use the smallest of the 3 scoops for these Pumpkin Cookies and they were just the right size for adults and kids.
Plus, I also think they look more uniform when you use a cookie scoop.
I bought the three pack, so I can use the smaller two for cookies and then the bigger one to fill up cupcakes. They will get lots of use and you will be glad you bought them.
Give this pumpkin cookie recipe a try and share the rave reviews you get. Everyone will love it!
This Pumpkin Cookie Recipe taste great right out of the oven. However, if you can wait a little bit, they taste even better the next day!
I know that sounds crazy, but the longer these cookies sit, the more rich the flavor becomes. Don’t believe me? Try it!
Make this Pumpkin Cookie recipe and try some right away. Then try some the next day, and then the day after that.
It’s also amazing with cream cheese icing. So delicious with the pumpkin pie spice! We also love a pumpkin chocolate chip combination for something different.
Let us know what you think about this Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe.
Do you like these fresh out of the oven or a day or two later? That might seem like an easy enough question. The only challenge will be to see if you and your family can actually make these last more than a day or two. 😉
If you love pumpkin recipes as much as my family does make sure you check out all our pumpkin recipes.
Print this easy pumpkin cookies recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all dry ingredients: flour through salt.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Slowly stir in pumpkin.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until thick batter forms.
- Pour confectioner’s sugar in bowl. Scoop or spoon about a tablespoon of batter onto sugar and roll to coat. Place coated cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Your family will go crazy over this Snowball cookies recipe. Each bite is buttery and delicious with lots of powdered sugar on top.
Try these other easy pumpkin recipes:
- Easy Pumpkin Crisp Recipe
- Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe with Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- Delicious Pumpkin Granola
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Go here for 33 of the Best Pumpkin recipes
You may also like these easy cookie recipes:
- M&M Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Amazing Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Moist and Rich Brownie Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
I think these are simple to make, but it is tricky to know when they are done in the oven. I kept checking, kept giving it 2 more minutes, then giving it another 2 minutes, then 1 more minute….. When I saw some minimal amount of browning on the edges I pulled them out and let sit on the pan to cool for about 15 minutes.
The flavors get stronger the next day or 2 and they really are better the next day.
I’ve been making these for 3 years now.
See More Comments