Today I have some super cute Reindeer Cupcakes for you to make. These are crazy easy, but oh so adorable.
Are you like my family and love to get messy in the kitchen? From peanut butter fudge, to Christmas tree brownies, my kids and I love to hang out in the kitchen, especially around the holidays. Don’t you?
However… I have a lot of kids. So complicated recipes are not my thing. They (I mean me) like easy recipes that the don’t require a lot of thought. Plus I love the look on my kids faces when they made their own dessert. Their smiles are just perfect, and these reindeer cupcakes are perfect for your next kid friendly baking event. 🙂
I make everything really simple by purchasing what I can on Amazon. Especially the candy because have you tried taking kids to the store and buying candy? 🙂
Here is what you need to make these Christmas Cupcakes:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Red food coloring
- Cupcake liners
- Small candy canes
- Red candy for the nose—I used the Christmas packaged crispy M&M’s (red and green)
- Eyeball candy (I used Wilton)
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 3 T heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Parchment paper
- 1 sandwich sized zip lock bag
- 1 large zip lock bag
How to make Reindeer Cupcakes:
1. Make the cake batter by following directions on the back of the box. Once mixed and smooth add in a few drops of the red food coloring and fill cupcake liners ¾ the way full. Bake according to directions on the box.
2. Let cool and begin on the frosting.
3. To make the frosting add in 2 sticks of softened butter into a medium sized bowl. Using an electric mixture mix on medium speed until the butter is smooth a pale. Add in 2 C powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
4. Mix again on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Add in another 2 C powdered sugar and 3 T heavy whipping cream and blend again until the frosting mixture is smooth and fluffy. If needed add more whipping cream or powdered sugar.
5. Once finished scoop a little bit of the frosting into a sandwich sized zip lock bag and the rest in a large zip lock bag. Snip off a small corner for the small bag and a big corner for the big bag. Set aside.
6. Now, start on the Rudolph decorations by laying out some parchment paper and gather the mini peppermint candy canes, red nose candy, eyeballs, and small zip lock bag full of frosting.
7. Take one candy cane and squeeze out the frosting onto the flat side of the candy cane and then add the other candy cane’s flat side to the frosted candy cane side. Lay them flat onto the parchment paper.
8. With the frosting make 3 circles-two for the eyes, and 1 for the nose.
9. Then place the candy pieces in the correct spot. Let sit and dry for 10 minutes or so. Continue to make as many as needed.
10. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the large zip lock bag and then add on the finished Rudolph topper.
Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
You might also like to try making easy and delicious Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls Recipe! These are so delicious – they are just like mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, but in ball form. They melt in your mouth.
Find more Christmas cupcakes recipes here: