This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe only requires 5 simple ingredients and can be made without much effort. The results are perfect fudge every time and so creamy and delicious.
Chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe
Have I mentioned how much we love fudge? Our family goes crazy over fudge. We all seriously love this treat.
If you are thinking you don’t like fudge because its too chocolatey, then I have something a little different for you to try.
I have a 5 ingredient peanut butter fudge recipe that is so easy, you will be asking yourself why you never tried this before. This is perfect to include in our 25 days of Christmas cookie exchange recipes.
Friends and family will love this. It is super easy and no candy thermometer needed. This recipe is so easy.
- Creamy Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar
- Chocolate chips
How to make Chocolate peanut butter fudge
- First you will melt the butter, vanilla and peanut butter until combined. Stir until smooth.
- Then mix in the powdered sugar. Swirl in your additional ingredient – we did ½ cup mini chocolate chips and I left them swirled because they look prettier.
- Next, pour the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan. We used an 8×8 inch pan. Let the fudge set. I normally put it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. Since the fudge is so rich, I like to cut the fudge into small pieces. A little truly goes a long way.
- You could do anything you want such as m&ms.
- Try using crunchy peanut butter or natural peanut butters for a change.
- Reese’s Pieces would be yummy mixed in.
- Peanut butter chips would add even more peanut butter flavor.
It is very easy to change based on what you have on hand or prefer. Let us know if you have any add ins you love in fudge.
How to store:
Store the fudge inside an airtight container 3 to 5 days at room temperature. It is best to use a layer of parchment paper in between the fudge.
Does fudge need to be refrigerated?
Peanut butter fridge will last longer if refrigerated. Just keep in an air tight container and it should last up to a week in the fridge.
I would take it out of the fridge a few minutes before serving. It is best at room temperature.
Can you freeze fudge?
If you need it to last longer, you can freeze it. Place the fudge inside an airtight container and put in the freezer. I also like to use the wax paper in between the layers when freezing.
It will last up to 3 months in the freezer. When ready to eat, let the fudge thaw overnight in the fridge. See can you freeze fudge for more tips.
This is perfect around the holidays when you do a lot of baking. You can make this in advance and save time for recipes that need to be made the day of the event.
I also like being able to grab a square or two from the freezer when I want something sweet. It is so convenient and delicious.
How do you harden fudge?
If you prefer fudge to be a harder consistency, put it in the fridge or even the freezer for about 30 minutes. However, it is best room temperature so be sure to take it out a few minutes before serving.
Chocolate chip peanut butter fudge is amazing.
See doesn’t that look pretty? It is so pretty cut into squares and will make any dessert tray festive for the holidays.
Go ahead and raid your pantry and make this peanut butter fudge recipe. We can’t wait to hear what you think.
It is one of our favorite recipes and I just know you will love it as well. It is so easy and does not call for sweetened condensed milk.
Make sure you check our post on the 5 tips to making amazing fudge. These tips will also work when making this easy peanut butter fudge. Once you start to make fudge, you will see how easy it is.
Don’t put off making fudge because you think it is too complicated. It is so easy and really delicious.
Perfect for gifts.
I love making this fudge to give as gifts to friends and family. Everyone loves homemade fudge and it is not hard to make.
Usually for gift giving, I put each square in a mini muffin liner. Then I put them in a cellphone bag or box. Tie with a pretty ribbon and you are set.
You can also use a gift tag. The dollar store has some pretty chalk labels and tags.
I think fudge would also be a great party favor. It seems so many traditional favors just get tossed in the trash. Fudge is something that would definitely be enjoyed and appreciated.
It really is the perfect gift year round. Give it a try and see how everyone likes it.
Make this peanut butter chocolate chip fudge.
Our entire family loves this fudge. It is the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate to make such a great treat.
The kids love it and it is a hit all around. You seriously can’t go wrong with this amazing fudge recipe.
Each bite is so creamy and delicious that it melts in your mouth. It is super easy to make and SO delicious.
Your kitchen will smell amazing from all of this fudge. Plus, your family will go crazy over this recipe. It is our favorite type of baked good to make.
If you don’t already have a tradition of making fudge, this will soon become a hit for sure. I have a feeling you will make this each year for the holidays once you give this easy recipe a try.
More easy fudge recipes
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe (3 Minute Fudge)
- Tiger Butter Fudge Recipe
- Easy Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
- 5 tips to make the perfect fudge recipe
- World’s Best Chocolate Fudge
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Print this easy chocolate peanut butter fudge:
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Line 8″ X 8″ baking pan with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place butter, peanut butter and vanilla in medium sauce pan and heat over low/medium heat until thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar, ½ cup to 1 cup at a time. Continue until all powdered sugar is incorporated.
- If you are adding in any additional ingredients (I added mini chocolate chips) do it now.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Chill for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. Remove waxed paper from baking pan and cut fudge into small squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe